Review of Build The Best You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Build The Best You

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Build The Best You" by Roger L Brooks.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Build The Best You by Roger L. Brooks is a self-help guide to transforming your life. The author provides 44 principles. Each chapter focuses on one principle and explains how to develop an action plan. The concept is to focus on one principle a day to create a habit that will lead to your transformation. The book identifies ways you may be holding yourself back from achieving your goals without even realizing it. The author encourages readers to approach the book and its principles with an open mind.

Each chapter identifies a principle that is intended to be the focus for that day. For example, self-confidence is an important attribute that many readers may want to focus on. First, the author describes what may be contributing to your lack of confidence. After describing how we may be sabotaging our own confidence, the author explains how to focus your mind to become more confident. After providing this explanation, the author discusses actions readers should take to achieve the goal of self-confidence. Each chapter is organized in this manner.

I learned a lot by reading this book. For example, the author recommends imagining the best version of yourself. By doing this, readers can identify areas where they may be falling short of this best version. By participating in this exercise, I was able to identify certain areas where I would like to improve my actions or outlook. It’s a simple exercise with powerful results. I believe every chapter is beneficial to readers. However, if there is a specific area that I want to focus on, then I can go to that chapter and focus my attention there first.

What I like most about the book is its organization. The chapters identify the principle in the title, so it is easy for readers to focus on areas that need the most attention. The chapters are also short and provide a significant amount of information for readers to focus on each day. Even people with very busy schedules would have time to read a chapter each day. Each chapter also includes an aspirational quote regarding the principle discussed in that chapter. The only thing I disliked about the book was that there were more than ten errors.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy self-help books and have an interest in improving their lives. I believe this book can help readers make significant improvements in their lives by focusing on one principle each day. Since there were more than ten errors in the book, I don’t believe it was professionally edited. Because of the errors, I am unable to give the book a perfect score. For that reason, I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

Build The Best You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

Self development books are just so interesting and on point. I like the way this author exercises his writing skills and also the knowledge about what he's preaching.
Thanks for the review
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is an insightful read. Thank you for the review.
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Emmy page »

A lot of folks think self help literature is a tool to escape from reality instead of tackling challenges head on. In most occasions i have stagnated and fallen short of accomplishing many goals even when i know what exactly to do. call it a weakness in me but i procrastinate a lot and such personal development books keep me in check. More like an alarm to shake off distractions, make a resolve and just move on. This book like most of its kind is one of those resources i rely on. From this review i am really interested in this read.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

I am a fan of self-help books so definitely interested to experience what this one has to offer. I like the simple and effective manner in which the book has been constructed. This makes it easier to home in on those chapters that struck a chord with you. Thank you for a very good review!
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

Almost every one is in need of a book like this in one way or the other. Self help books are really helpful. The book seem very interesting in the review.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I'm interested in becoming a better version of myself, so this book is a yes for me.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”