Review of To Be Written On Your Heart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of To Be Written On Your Heart

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To Be Written On Your Heart" by Tommy G. Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many Christians find it hard to read the Bible but see no hassle in picking up a novel and finishing it in no time. The author came up with a brilliant idea and showcased it in this book. This non-fiction book, To Be Written on Your Heart by Tommy G. Smith, summarized the Bible.

This book, like the Bible, is divided into two testaments: the old and the new. The Old Testament contains 39 books, from Genesis to Malachi. It talked about the times of kings, God's covenant with the people of Israel, Israel's sins, and God's punishment and His love. The New Testament is divided into the Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, letters of Paul and a few disciples, and revelation. It revealed the sacrifice, death, and resurrection of Jesus, God's Son. It also talked about how Jesus would come again and the signs that people of Earth should expect. Read this book to enjoy more of God's word.

Starting this book, I wondered about the author's motive for writing it, as it is the same as the Bible. Therefore, I saw this book as an unnecessary effort. However, after reading this book, I saw its uniqueness, which made me appreciate the author's effort. The author typically made the Bible easy to understand by summarizing it. The summary was done in bullet form, and it highlighted specific points.

The last book, Revelation, was written uniquely, which I loved, as it has always been a hard nut to crack, personally, when it comes to an understanding of the Bible. With the way it was outlined and further interpreted, it felt so simple and easy to relate to the current happenings in our world. The book is educative. It revealed some hidden facts in the Bible, and essential parts were written in bold. I got to learn new things that I would never have come across, such as the type of tower the Babylonians built and the name of Esau's wife. It also contains appendices that give more precise explanations.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. The author's writing style made the book easier to understand. I also had a smooth reading experience, as I encountered only a few errors. This shows that the book was professionally edited. The author did an excellent job on this book. Therefore, I rate To Be Written on Your Heart 4 out of 4 stars.

The author had the aim of helping readers have a better understanding of the Bible, which was achieved. Although the book is easy to read, this book should not stop Christians from reading the Bible. I would recommend this book to people preparing for a Bible quiz contest. It would also appeal to Bible scholars.

To Be Written On Your Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

A book following the model of the Bible will interest a lot of Christians. This a great review. Well done.
Katelyn B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katelyn-b.html
Latest Review: Stone of Gabriel by Gary A. Pattillo

Post by Katelyn B »

This review is super helpful. I am very interested in reading this book now. I agree that Christians can easily pick u p a novel and finish it without problems but when it comes to the bible, we have such difficulty. I am excited to read this book now.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Couldn't agree more with your opening paragraph. LoL, reading a novel is always a no-brainer
Mariam K 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-k-7.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Mariam K 7 »

What an interesting discovery for me because I always wanted to read the Bible but it seemed a bit difficult. A book would be a really good discovery for people like me. The review is very interesting, thanks!
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

It is thoughtful and creative of the author to have written this book. I couldn't agree more on your first sentence tho.
Muhammad Anwer
Favorite Book: Hamlet
Currently Reading: Moth Smoke
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Muhammad Anwer »

This book is a wonderful way to inculcate the religious sentiments in the minds of the people. Thanks for the useful review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”