Review of Economics of Information Biasing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tim Toby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-toby.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Economics of Information Biasing

Post by Tim Toby »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Economics of Information Biasing" by Monowar Zaman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Economics of Information Biasing by Monowar is a book that will help nations revitalize their economies. The author introduced the book by explaining the exploits of the pioneers of economics and how they impacted the world with their theories.

Adam Smith was seen as the father of capitalism and economics, especially after publishing his book, The Wealth of Nations, in 1776. The author went ahead to review, briefly, mainstream economic theories and thoughts. Classical Economics is seen as a capitalist theory that subscribes to the school of thought that value is a product of labor. This theory believes in the division of labor.

Neoclassical Economics was also explained, as well as Keynesian Economics, Supply-Side Economics, and Institutional Economics. Information Biasing was introduced later in the book, and I came to understand that Information Biasing is a branch of a theory that studies how information affects an economy and economic decisions. Historical aspects of how Information Biasing can affect economies were discussed, and so much more.

Economics of Information Biasing by Monowar Zaman is an educative and informative book. It is an eye-opener, and I think this book will be suitable for political and economic leaders. The author aims to show how Information Biasing could influence the economic policies and decisions of a country.

One thing I love about this book is the author's insight into crude oil. He made me understand that crude oil as a form of fuel for most automobiles would, at a point, begin to cause more problems than it solves. Due to global warming and climate change, he advises people to find a means to switch from crude oil to other forms of fuel. He also implied that the amount of fossil fuels on the seafloor will decrease and eventually deplete and that people should act quickly to find alternatives.

I am not really an economist, and even though I do understand how economics affects a nation, this book made me realize some economic policies and how they could influence the economic growth of a nation. I also love the historical parts of this book. As a history lover, I find it easy to read and understand.

However, I fault the author's writing style; he wrote as if he was writing for a particular audience and not the general public. It took me a long time to understand some of the concepts in the book. He wrote as if he was writing for experts in the field of economics. Also, there were some grammatical errors in the book, and sometimes there were unnecessary spaces between the lines.

For the reasons stated above, I will give this book a rating of three out of four stars. I recommend this book to economic enthusiasts and experts.

Economics of Information Biasing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

This book can ome in handy for a lot of countries seeking to make better economic decisions. Great review.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

This book can ome in handy for a lot of countries seeking to make better economic decisions. Great review.
QualityAndQuantity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qualityandquantity.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by QualityAndQuantity »

As I'm a business student economics is one of my major subjects and I think this book will be pretty good for me. Thanks for the review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Lovers of economics would definitely find this insightful. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”