Review of About Spiritual Energy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Re: Review of About Spiritual Energy

Post by Bertha Jackson »

The author's opinions about life after death are interesting, but I believe no one knows what death is until they experience it. I appreciate that the author does not push readers to have the same beliefs he does. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Alie Garcia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alie Garcia »

The sample, itself, provides a comprehensive peek at which readers can surely understand what the book is all about. Its simplicity, without a trace of persuasion, is its main charm which can do all the work of calling the attention of a certain amount of audience to read through it until the end. With the ideas and lessons it can give, it does not try hard to get the number of reads it deserves. Talking about spiritual energy, the book is oozing of its title in a literal sense by bringing about one's desires, aspirations, and potentials to life.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

This sounds very scientific, but dumbed down for me to understand! Great review!
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

This is an amazing review. I thought this would be yet another 'God is wonderful' type book but this resonates with me in so many levels.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This definitely sounds like an eye opener book and I read the introduction of it. It is not a typical spiritual book and like the reviewer says the author is talking about it intellectually and has done his research. Great review.
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

Of all the knowledge we encounter, it must either be good or evil.
We can do a lot.of good with good knowledge, without necessarily any need to know the evil knowledge.
To those things that have been revealed to us we must be good stewards rather than seek to know a lot more than we can handle, and be groping around like blind people in the darkness seeking the right way.
If existential matters were necessary for this life to get better, we should have had that knowledge in abundance without boundaries, the same way the good things are for free for all.
The moment only a few "enlightened individuals" claim to have supernatural knowledge which is restricted from the rest, it's best to wise up and watch out such sources.

On the other hand, some shrewd individuals have hidden the necessary existential knowledge from the public and labelled it as secret, forbidden fruit, taboos, elite knowledge etc only so that the majority may have and aversion to that knowledge and may not find the actual truth having been told that whatever ihas already been revealed as the truth is enough, but it is actually falsified knowledge being freely touted as truth, while the actual truth in has been hidden and labelled as forbidden.
The ultimate seive to find out if it is the truth, is the weight of evidence proven beyond reasonable doubt and from credible sources and is untainted by human sophistry.
Paul Kabugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-kabugi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Paul Kabugi »

I love this review as it makes a controversial topic interesting enough for one to set aside their bias and take the chance to expand their knowledge.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am not yet in touch with my spiritual energy, so I'm sure that this book will be a good guide in my journey to spiritual awakening. Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Missing Person
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-zambarakji.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Missing Person »

Broach´s views on spirituality and religion are clear and easy to understand. But he doesn´t provide any evidence of any kind to support his views on spirituality and religion. He seems to adhere to a pantheistic view of spirituality. He equates the supposed energy that makes up the human soul with the energy that makes up the universe and that sounds like a pantheistic argument to me. According to the sources listed on Wikipedia, pantheism is the belief that god or some supernatural creator of all life on earth is, in fact, the universe itself.

I have a problem with the fact that there are no citations in this book. I don´t see the value of a book on spirituality that doesn't quote any scripture from any religion. This book is also not for atheists. Atheists, like myself, want to see how different religious or spiritual viewpoints are supported by scientific and scriptural evidence.
DeCipherist 1
Currently Reading: God's Generals
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by DeCipherist 1 »

(Sighs)
The content of this book is without doubt a controversial one, as anything that involves religion is quite sensitive. Little wonder Karl Marx said "Religion is the Opium of the mind." However, knowing the authors view is open for the reader to decide whether or not to adopt the ideas here written gives a soft landing to all and sundry.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

There are a couple of things I can agree with the author on, we have a spirit and a soul. I can see that this book could appeal to a particular audience.
I was interested in two scientists that the author mentioned, though I think data is a more appropriate word rather than information.

In 1940, Claude Elwood Shannon, the “father of the digital age,” realized that Boolean algebra coincided perfectly with telephone switching circuits, and he defined one unit of information as a bit.

John Archibald Wheeler, who worked on the Manhattan Project and helped Einstein develop a unified theory of physics, proclaimed, “Everything is information.”
I was only able to read a sample as it was not offered as a free book, but what I read was enough to determine this was not for me.
DeCipherist 1
Currently Reading: God's Generals
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by DeCipherist 1 »

(Sighs)
The content of this book is without doubt a controversial one, as anything that involves religion is quite sensitive. Little wonder Karl Marx said "Religion is the Opium of the mind." However, knowing the authors view is open for the reader to decide whether or not to adopt the ideas here written gives a soft landing to all and sundry.
Sydney Ash
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Sydney Ash »

This is a great review! Not something I would typically read but I definitely want to try it now!
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I wouldn't call myself a spiritual person, but I do believe in God. I've also been curious about life after death or what happens to us once we die. While this book seems to answer some questions, I don't think I'll be reading it.
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

This is an interesting book that focuses on the relationship between our biological body and our soul, and the energy that shifts between them. I appreciate that the author is not trying to convince everyone, but "people believe what they want to believe" seems a little condescending and rude (I'll assume this was the reviewer and not the author).

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”