Review of Servitude of the church

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Servitude of the church

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Servitude of the church" by Willie Jenkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Self-sacrifice is crucial to developing the type of servant’s heart that captures God’s attention and gets His blessings flowing in your direction.” This sentiment, as Willie states at the beginning of the book, is what he likes to call trademark quality servant self-sacrifice.

The author begins by sharing what inspired him to compose this book. He then tells us we have to understand our call to serve. When we’re immersed in God’s work, Satan is displeased and begins making evil plans against us. Willie discusses how servitude without obedience is impossible, how people can still serve God in their misfortunes, and that others will make observations when you’re in service of the Lord. Personality is everything when you commit your life to God. A person has to be humble. Also, one has to be of integrity and sturdy character.

God is mysterious and works in ways that we cannot see. He touches each person differently. While at it, people utilize diverse methods to serve God. Some help the less fortunate, others care for Mother Nature, others are into evangelism, and others work best in prayers and intercessory. Jenkins became a servant of the Lord years ago, and since then, he has seen God’s blessings throughout his life.

I like how unapologetic the author is when serving the Lord. Whenever he is required in the church, Willie makes a point to avail himself. Additionally, he uses his personal experiences to show readers how faithful God has been in his life and to his family. Jenkins stresses that you have to make a stand as to where you lie. What I mean is, you cannot decide to live as per God’s way and then lead a double life.

I appreciate that the author includes personal testimonials to stress his points. The testimonials are unbiased, as Jenkins shares them from when he was in his down moments to after he witnesses God’s favor.

The book may be brief, but the content is deep. The religious teachings are profound to a point where the author shares instances when God has spoken to him and other believers. The message of Willie touched my life in a way. There’s nothing to detest about the work, and for this reason, I give it 4 out of 4 stars. Furthermore, there are no errors. Hence, the book is well edited. I recommend Servitude of the church by Willie Jenkins to anyone contemplating serving God. Also, anyone feeling down may find encouraging words in this read.

Servitude of the church
View: on Bookshelves
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

I'm not a fan of religious books, however I loved it when you mentioned that, the author was unbiased in order to get the point across. Thanks for an excellent review.
Taana Ueh
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taana-ueh.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Taana Ueh »

Serving when you don't feel like it could be the hardest. I'm certain this is a great piece of encouragement
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

Although it is a fairly short book, it seems to describe the correct attitude for service for the church body in an unbiased and encouraging way.
jamiu 1
Currently Reading: Storm Front Over Atlantis
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by jamiu 1 »

Well, I really loved this short book.
The author really said the main point when he 'discusses how servitude without obedience is impossible'.
It is actually impossible.
Abi1
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01KLMX1KM

Post by Abi1 »

Lovely review of the book, which intrigues me to the point of wanting to read the book to find out more about its depth.
jacksoulchild
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by jacksoulchild »

I'm not a fan of spiritual books,but from what I have loved from this review is that the author is sharing testimony of God's deeds in his life .nice review
Currency First
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Currency First »

Well it's nice having seeing more book that teaches more about ethics in culture
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author shares his personal experience as a servant of God and shares instances of God's faithfulness in his life. It's refreshing that he calls out hypocrisy and encourages people to fully commit to the cause.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

I'm not much of a religious guy myself but this book seems like it'll be good for me, or anyone who wants to do good in their life. Thanks for the well written review.
Emeka Nwankwoala
Currently Reading: Life
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Emeka Nwankwoala »

Getting real of the service of God man need to be faithful, humble, integrity and having love on his duty post. These are the ingredients of service to the Lord. Thank.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

A servant's heart definitely captures God's heart. This book will sure be of great help to Christians all over the world. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”