Review of From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kimberly Moniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-moniz.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Review of From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Kimberly Moniz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift by Jody Miller is a self-help book about finding purpose in life. In this book the author emphasizes the importance of having a goal that is driven by passion and not by fear, money or fame. Most people merely live their lives chasing money, name and fame or struggling to get by. Author Jody Miller explains the importance of following your heart and your passion in order to find happiness.

From Drift to Shift contains the experiences of many individuals who overcame all odds and have achieved something remarkable in their life.
The author highlights their journey and their experiences to present the idea that we should not live simply to survive. These stories are truly inspirational and have motivated me immensely.
The book contains elaborate summaries of the lives of certain successful individuals. The lessons have been listed in a point-wise format at the end of each chapter under the heading called Key Takeaways. This section is particularly helpful because it helps the readers to understand the purpose of the story and also provides a single place for all the important points from the chapter.

From Drift to Shift is well-structured, and each story is given an adequate share of content and text. The cover of the book is interesting and inspiring too. The narrative style is consistent and becomes monotonous after a while.

The book is amazing. I cannot find any negative aspects in the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I truly loved this book and found it very motivational and inspirational. Furthermore, I have learned many things from this book and hope to apply these lessons in my life. Most of all, this book has helped me realize what my true aim should be, and I will work to achieve it from now.

I recommend this book to adults and not to children. Though there is no adult content in this book, some stories are very sad and children might be sensitive to them. I also recommend this book to those who feel lost or confused in life and those who are just drifting away with their work or life without any specific aim or goal. This book is especially helpful to each and every person who wants to change their lives but doesn’t know how to do so. I suggest reading a paperback or hardcover version of this book since it would be handy to refer to when needed.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”