Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manifesto for a Cancer Patient" by Colleen Huber, NMD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient is an insightful, educational non-fiction book about cancer and its treatments, written by Dr. Colleen Huber, a Naturopathic Oncologist and fellow of the Naturopathic Oncology Research Institute.

In the first part of the book, Dr. Huber starts with stating and correcting the wrong information regarding the causes of cancer and its treatments methods, explaining that due to wrong education that's full of lies along with the pressures that politicians put on hospitals in order to earn them more money, physicians, who only studied general medicine, tend to recommend chemotherapy and radiation as the only treatment for cancer, despite knowing that they are dangerous. They weaken the body, harm the good cells, and cause the cancer cells to develop resilience. Still, innocent patients tend to believe them regardless of what a Naturopathic says since that's what’s common and that's what science says. Add to that, the fact that the health insurance only covers chemotherapy, and doesn't cover any naturopathic treatment. But what if that's what is making cancer powerful and deadly? What if that is what's killing patients? Then what is the best therapy for cancer?

In the second part of the book, and after Dr. Huber demonstrates the risks and benefits of chemotherapy compared to the risks and benefits of natural treatments, she explains further about the various, safe, effective, and natural methods Naturopathic Oncologists use to treat cancer, such as vitamins C, A, D, sodium bicarbonate and alkalinizing strategies, herbs, hyperthermia, and most importantly emphasizing on following a no-sugar diet plan like the Paleo diet combined with exercise. Providing us with by-research proven information about how each one interacts with cancer cells and affects the body. Followed by, a long list of article citation references, for those who want to look further into the facts mentioned in the book.

I want to thank Dr. Huber for writing this book and tell her how much I like that the book reveals some of the lies that the Pharma industry has been feeding us in the name of science. I want to also thank her for all the information she explains, and all the efforts she made in order to write this book so people can fight cancer using healthier methods. Thank you for honestly telling us the truth regarding cancer's formation, what feeds it and what kills it. Presenting the simple process, that's not a DNA mutation, as well as the easy, safe, natural, effective, at-hand diets and treatments, together with the proof through patients' experience and research results. I also like the bold manner of narration and her eagerness to convey the truth to the reader. It takes a lot of courage to write a book that shows all the corruption in the medical field. Moreover, she uses easy language that even an ordinary person, who doesn't know a lot about medicine, can understand too.

Personally, I have studied two courses in alternative medicine and if I had just known before that those treatments were effective for cancer, I would have tried to help my grandfather who had cancer. I wish I can visit her clinic someday to watch and learn. For I want to provide the best therapy for my future patients.

Reading the long detailed research I felt a bit bored and I wished that the author has summarized it, instead of reading repeated sentences and waiting for the way of treatment to be explained, but I understand that this was necessary to clarify her point and convey the message of the book.

In conclusion, I give this book a rate of 4 out of 4 stars. I had really enjoyed reading it and learned a lot of new and helpful information. The book is well-written and was professionally edited. I hadn’t found any grammatical errors. I look forward to reading more books written by the author.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in studying cancer’s process, treatments, as well as its prevention ways, any doctor or patients and their family members searching for more effective, less harmful, and natural treatments apart from chemotherapy. This book will open their eyes to understand all the natural medical resources God has given us to treat cancer. I also recommend it for supporters of conventional medicine, who believe that nothing is better than what science says. Maybe if they read it, reconsider their fixed thoughts, and give a chance for naturopathic treatments, they can help numerous cancer patients survive.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Books of this type are a real treasure for cancer patients, but also their entire support system, such as family, friends, colleagues. I like that the book is based on research. Thanks for the good review.
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

markodim721 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 13:42 Books of this type are a real treasure for cancer patients, but also their entire support system, such as family, friends, colleagues. I like that the book is based on research. Thanks for the good review.
Yes, indeed! I hope they all have a chance to read it. Thank you for your feedback
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

A thorough and enjoyable review!!
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

ROSEYANN wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 08:50 A thorough and enjoyable review!!
Thank you so much! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed reading it :)
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Thank you for a detailed and well-written review. The book seems very informative. Will give it a try.
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

T T 2 wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 04:12 Thank you for a detailed and well-written review. The book seems very informative. Will give it a try.
Thank you for your feedback ^^
I hope you enjoy it
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you for this review! Personally, these kinds of books aren't my fondest of genres because I think they would be full of medical jargons I would not be able to understand. However, I would like to give this a try because of your review. Thank you so much!
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Hyacinth Bella wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 19:37 Thank you for this review! Personally, these kinds of books aren't my fondest of genres because I think they would be full of medical jargons I would not be able to understand. However, I would like to give this a try because of your review. Thank you so much!
It's written with simple words. I hope you enjoy it ^^ Thank you for your feedback
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

This sounds like a wonderful book! It sure will be of great value to anyone battling with the debilitating disease. I also think physicians, doctors and other health professionals would have a thing or two to learn. I am also glad that the author has done a lot of research. I’m sure the information in this book is gold.
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Amynwankwo_ wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 21:51 This sounds like a wonderful book! It sure will be of great value to anyone battling with the debilitating disease. I also think physicians, doctors and other health professionals would have a thing or two to learn. I am also glad that the author has done a lot of research. I’m sure the information in this book is gold.
Yes, indeed! Thank you for your comment ^^ I hope you enjoy reading it
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This seems like a good book for cancer patients. Great review!
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 09:44 This seems like a good book for cancer patients. Great review!
It is indeed, I hope you enjoy reading it. Thank you for your feedback :)
Jerry334
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry334.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Jerry334 »

I wonder if natural treatment will work for all kinds of cancer. The author never accepted that radiotherapy and chemotherapy is crucial in treating some cancer. I believe the author is less concern about the lives of cancer patient.
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Jerry334 wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 21:41 I wonder if natural treatment will work for all kinds of cancer. The author never accepted that radiotherapy and chemotherapy is crucial in treating some cancer. I believe the author is less concern about the lives of cancer patient.
Thank you for your feed back, but I guess you are not a medical student and haven't suffered from the wrong medications and I hope you won't.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”