Review of Finding Joe Adams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Finding Joe Adams

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Joe Adams" by Joe Field.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Joe Field experienced poverty early in life. This experience put in him the spirit of hard work and perseverance. It paid off, but he was unhappy because he didn't know his father. The road to finding his father was not so rosy. He eventually found him, but many unanticipated events followed.

Finding Joe Adams portrays resilience in the presence of hardship and the burning desire to work hard and survive. This book gives a different approach to life, especially for persons on the verge of giving up and throwing in the towel. Joe Field ends his book with powerful gems from his days in poverty. I am convinced that readers will find answers to many problems after absorbing the pages of this book. There are things in my life right now that the author's story will help me fix.

This book is more than just an autobiography. It's also more than a motivational piece. Finding Joe Adams is way more than just finding a person's dad. It gives practical success habits and principles. Readers will find practical steps that will help them succeed in life.

The analogy of a jigsaw puzzle in the prologue is just perfect for expressing Joe Field's feelings. He also applies a bit of a back and forth movement in his writing that I find impressive. It is an excellent approach to start the book with a scene from ten years after his childhood and come back in another chapter to discuss his childhood in detail.

Joe Field appealed to my emotions. The poverty-stricken life he lived while growing up was nostalgic. The moment he found himself face-to-face with his dad and began to shed tears, it made me shed tiny droplets of tears too. It felt like I was there watching the whole event unfold. While all these happened, Joe Field showcased his humorous storytelling technique. He did this to keep the reader from getting all mushy with the book. Also, the pictures that accompanied some of the chapters pointed to sharp imagery.

There are no reservations about this work of art; it is a beautiful book. Finding Joe Adams is not your regular autobiography. I will be thrilled to see the movie adaptation of this book. With only a hand full of errors and nothing to dislike, I rate it four out of four stars. I recommend this book to persons going through tough times and persons not opposed to the Christian religion.

Finding Joe Adams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

This book would do me good. I like books that encourage and come from a point that I can relate to. Most of us have not had it easy in life and getting advice on how to be better can really help. Well done.
Akaraiwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akaraiwe.html
Latest Review: I Know My Way Memoir by Theresa Marafito with Linda Odubayo Thompson

Post by Akaraiwe »

Please can anybody tell me how Joe Adams later overcome poverty. I want to know his secret of his success

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”