Review of Naked Truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscopic Shades
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Naked Truth

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Naked Truth" by Jean D Francis, Ph.D.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The workplace environment determines employees’ motivation. For instance, an employee's motivation is likely to increase in a friendly environment. The reverse is also true. Employers should strive to treat all employees equally regardless of their race, religious beliefs, or gender. They should instead look at each employee's potential at the workplace and motivate them to work harder in order to achieve the firm's goals. Naked Truth by Jean D. Francis is a non-fictional novel about workplace discrimination, harassment, and a hostile work environment.

Jean Francis works for the federal government of America under the department of labor. Although Jean works hard and is qualified for certain positions in her workplace, she is discriminated against because of her religious beliefs. She confidently tells her employers that she can work extra hard from Monday to Friday. However, on Saturday, she has to observe the sabbath and, therefore, cannot come to work. Instead, she was willing to work on Sunday. This makes her employers to start treating her differently, and, at one time, they even tell her that had they known that she is such a staunch believer, they would not have employed her. She experiences a hostile work environment, and her employers come up with all types of excuses and make sure that she is fired for no apparent reason. Since Jean isn't the kind of person who gives up quickly, she finds another job. However, although she had hoped to get a fresh start at this new workplace, she faces severe discrimination; she is treated like an outcast because she is black. Jean's health is affected because of these discriminations. Because of all these injustices, she decides to look for justice. Will she find justice?

This book has three hundred and twenty-seven pages. It is divided into three parts, which are further divided into thirty-two chapters. Towards the end of the book, the author acknowledges some of the inspirations for this book. The book finally ends with an epilogue whereby the author advises people who may have similar situations. The story is mainly told from the first person's point of view, and it uses both the past and the present tenses.

I liked several things about this book. First, I liked how the author inserted several colorful pictures in the book. This made the book visually appealing. Among the photographs were documents that authenticate her claims. This made the story more believable. Second, I liked how the author used foreshadow by showing the readers some dialogues which would come later. Third, the creative use of suspense throughout the book kept me hooked in anticipation of what would happen next. Since I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally edited.

In conclusion, there is nothing I disliked about the book. I, therefore, rate it four out of four stars. I recommend it to anyone who may have gone through or is currently going through a hostile work environment, racism, or religious discrimination.

Naked Truth
View: on Bookshelves
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

Racism and religious discrimination is prevalent in several places of work. It is quite saddening to see many people lose their jobs as a result but a determined mind will always scale through. I look forward to reading this lovely book. A wonderful review. Great job!
yasmin nakkazzi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by yasmin nakkazzi »

This piece is such a tempting one to read after reading its review. I have faced the same thing at school because of my colour(black) and sometimes my religion (Muslim). Its such a heart warming book making me more comfortable in my skin.💞💞
Last edited by yasmin nakkazzi on 29 Nov 2021, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

Working in an unhealthy environment can only result in a decrease in an employee's confidence. Employers should try by all means to make every employee feel appreciated. It sounds like a great book. Thanks for the great review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I've once thought of the author's idea about employers' treatment of employees. And I'm curious to hear what Jean D has to say in the book. Thanks for the review.
Signature of Grace.
Balebi Alexis
Favorite Book: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 135

Post by Balebi Alexis »

Naked truth book according to me it is an amazing book because it talks about workplace determines employee's environment. And in additional, the employers must take all the employees fairly without focusing on discrimination related to races, colors, poverty and so on... In brief, they are to avoid these matters regardless races,colors,poverty, job status...
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

Discrimination is a common occurrence at the work place. Many people are discriminated against either for their skin color, religious beliefs, body weight, or even good performance. It takes strong character to come out openly and address such issues. Naked Truth is a book I would love to sit down with.
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

Someone religious has nothing to do with work, before work, offer of appointnent was given to her, jean deserve the position. I also learn more about this book.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

Not so many people have come out to talk about experiences in the work place, because they have to make money to live better and so I really appreciate the authors courage. I hope many will be encouraged to stand their ground and be respected because they shouldn't conform. Great review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The concept of this book is very pertinent and relevant because so many of us have had similar experiences. I'm hopeful that this book will inspire people in some manner. Great job with the review, thanks!^^

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”