Review of Montessori

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Montessori

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Montessori" by M.M.Sasi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Montessori by M.M.Sasi is a non-fiction read. The book is like research work done on Dr. Maria Montessori and the education method developed by her. It is a brief guide explaining the Montessori system and its difference from the conventional education system. It also provides for the materials used for educating children under the Montessori way. According to the author, the Montessori learning system is not about building a competing intellect in a child but about bringing out his full potential.

The author has started the "Montessori House of Children" after getting inspired by the works of Dr. Montessori. Montessori is a teaching methodology. It is a scientific method that focuses on children aged between three and six. This methodology is a transition from the philosophical approach of education towards a more scientific approach. The book is a detailed guide that explains this methodology by dividing it into five major parts: The Master, The Matter, The Material, The Method, and The Materialization. Each portion is a result of well-researched facts about the Montessori system of education. The book also contains a long introductory part elaborating the intent of the author behind writing this book. It also provides guidelines about how this book is to be read to understand the concept.

The best thing about the book is that it is based on a very realistic and well-researched concept. The Montessori method is about letting children grow on their own. Their intellectual development is to be left uninfluenced by external means. A very natural surrounding is provided under this method for children to grow. For instance, if a child is going to remove his shirt by unbuttoning it on his own rather than taking external help to do the same, but the parent stops or scolds him from doing it, it might hinder his natural psychological growth. Honestly, there is nothing that I disliked about the book.

Coming to the editing part, there are no major errors or typos in the book. Thus, it is professionally edited. It has no profanity or vulgarity.

On the whole, I will rate it a 4 out of 4 stars read. It is an authentic and well-researched guide about the Montessori way of learning. It is not just theory but also provides for the material needed under this mode of education with pictures in the book. It is focused on the crucial growing years of a child, which I found to be very interesting. Hence, the perfect rating.

The book is kind of an answer to the faulty Indian education system at present. In my view, anyone, irrespective of the country, can read this book. It gives a way of learning that can be adopted anywhere. Teachers should read this book, especially kindergarten teachers. This book will be beneficial for parents as well.

Montessori
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I read your review and then read some articles online about her: I'm intrigued by her methods and by her, I suppose! I love that she enrolled in a technology school for boys - they probably didn't have them only for girls, but she really seems like quite the character. Thank you so much for choosing to review this book and for writing such a nice review of it - I'm so glad I happened upon your review!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Winnie_Grace
Favorite Book: A Bloody Book
Currently Reading: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winnie-grace.html
Latest Review: UNUM: Infinity and Eternity by Rudy Ernst

Post by Winnie_Grace »

An interesting method of education. I read about it online after reading your review. Great going!
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I appreciate the purpose of this book as I believe it can be extremely helpful from a certain perspective. Thanks for an amazing review!^^
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Maria Montessori was featured on Italian 1,000 Lire banknote in the years before Italy moved to the Euro currency. She and her teachings are still revered in Italy, so it's fantastic to see a book in English about her. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

This sounds like such an interesting and informative read! I really want to know what methods of learning the author suggests!
Thank you for presenting this book so well! :)
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

This is certainly an illuminating read. I for one believe that every child is different and the Montessori system allows children to grow to their full potential without feeling there to compete with the next child. Thank you for this tremendous review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”