Review of To God Be The Glory /We Must Never Give Up

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of To God Be The Glory /We Must Never Give Up

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To God Be The Glory /We Must Never Give Up" by Charles Wiley C A Wiley Publishing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I enjoy reading about the lives of individuals who belong to minorities because it helps me understand people better and empathize with them. If you don't understand the context of some situations and analyze what the person has been through in life, it isn't easy to even know what they are saying. Many who live in developed countries and in classes that are considered privileged take some truths to be self-evident and universal, and this is seldom applicable to everyone. To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up! by Charles Wiley is one of those thought-provoking books that tell the biography of a black man who was born in Cincinnati, Ohio.

One can say that Charles is the typical African-American who, in addition to dealing with a racist environment surrounding him, has to deal with the consequences and problems of being surrounded by crime, broken families, drugs, and inequality at work. In addition to prospering economically, the author created Black Positive Brothers, an organization established to help educate and enhance African-American communities. After facing several discriminatory practices in the job market, Charles began his own business: "Quality Home Maintenance."

The positive message is what attracts the most attention. Despite going through several problems, not knowing his biological father, and suffering discrimination, the author kept his faith and defended his positions without prejudice. It's understandable that at some stage in his life, being immersed in a racist and exclusionary environment, he felt outraged and wanted sudden changes. It's also understandable he felt a lot of anger and made generalizations. Even so, Charles understood that there are good people of all races and that he doesn't have to hate others to fight for his peers.

The book is impeccably edited: I couldn't find one single grammatical error. I liked the subject and the way Charles presented his thoughts. There is nothing negative to comment on either. If I were the author, I would have added photos from different periods of his life, but this is a personal opinion and not any criticism.

Charles did wonderfully on this book. I found no flaws and no reason not to give this a perfect score. I gladly rate The Glory! We Must Never Give Up! four out of four stars. It is an awe-inspiring, thought-provoking, and profound book. It is highly recommended for empathetic people and someone who likes to understand the adversities and problems that African Americans still face in the US. There is no doubt that the country has changed a lot in recent decades (for the better, obviously), but this is far from implying full equality. Besides, there is no sexual content nor swear words of any kind in this book.

To God Be The Glory /We Must Never Give Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

This is really interesting. At time is good to use one life example and treats others right as yourselve. This book really encourageable.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

Charles's character is an interesting one. It is good to treat people in the same measure that we desire. Thanks for your review.
Adeleke 2440
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adeleke 2440 »

This story is fascinating... Always treat people the way you want them to treat you
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

This story is really intriguing,

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”