Review of Seeking... Finding... Healing... :

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Seeking... Finding... Healing... :

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seeking... Finding... Healing... :" by Becky Lu Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Seeking…Finding…Healing by Becky Lu Jackson is an informative nonfiction book focused on healing and overcoming past trauma. Jackson suffered from drug and alcohol addictions and an eating addiction. She examined her life and determined that trauma from her past was causing destructive behavior and fueling her unhealthy addictions. She decided that she needed to focus on these earlier traumas and find a way to resolve the emotions that continued to have a negative impact on her life. She developed a method of connecting with her younger selves and accessing the cause of the past pain to overcome it. She began working on an inner family healing model. By focusing on her younger selves at different ages in her past, she could identify the cause of the pain she was feeling at the time. Through the visualization process, she could interact with her younger selves and determine how to heal the pain or trauma.

Jackson asks readers to be open to the concept of an inner family and contact with our younger selves through meditation. She provides a step-by-step process to guide readers in creating their inner family. She encourages readers to create a plan to identify and hopefully resolve important aspects of our lives through visualization. Once the inner family is established, it can be used as a foundation for healthy living in the future. Jackson encourages adding spiritual guides to your inner family. They provide guidance in resolving past trauma and future decisions.

I found this book to be enlightening. The concept of an inner family is new to me. Examining your past trauma seems like a healthy way to address current negative impacts. For example, if something traumatic happened to you when you were ten, Jackson encourages you to visualize a discussion with your ten-year-old self. By revisiting the incident and the feelings you experienced at that time, you can try to move past it. I found this concept fascinating. I began thinking of areas in my life that I am unhappy with and focusing on when I began to feel that way. I think this book will be beneficial to readers who are unhappy with any aspect of their lives.

The author’s personal stories were my favorite parts of this book. Jackson described struggling with several different issues in her past. She explained her experiences honestly to readers. Readers will be able to relate to many of the issues. Divorce, death, and addiction are just some of the topics she addressed. It is fascinating to read how she approached such difficult topics with her inner family. I also like that she provided a script for meditation and visualization to help readers begin the process of healing. Her advice is compassionate and based on her own experiences. There was nothing I disliked about this book.

I recommend this book to readers who are open to this type of visualization and meditation. There is a focus on spiritualism and God, so these topics should appeal to potential readers. There were less than ten errors in this book, so I believe it was professionally edited. I give this book a rating of four out of four stars. It is a unique approach to healing past trauma and living a healthy life.

Seeking... Finding... Healing... :
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This concept of inner self sounds very new to me as well. This concept really piqued my interest in the book.
Signature of Grace.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

A book on healing and overcoming past trauma will be of immense help to readers going through a traumatic phase of life. Great review.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

This is a beautiful book. We are all struggling with various issues and it is so encouraging that the authour actually shared her own experiences. Well done.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

The inner family concept is new to me and I'm curious to learn more about it as your review sort of dignifies it. I admire the author's courage to share her story with the hope of helping others passing through trauma.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”