Review of The Soul Code Guidance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Review of The Soul Code Guidance

Post by mmm17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Soul Code Guidance" by Dr Leigh Riley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Soul Code Guidance, written by Dr. Leigh Riley, is the second book of a series entitled 369; it is a companion to The Soul Code. The author explains that the purpose is to guide readers into doing the best for their souls. Riley posits that knowing one’s Soul Code (or what guides and makes you happy) is crucial to achieving success in life. As the title suggests, the book guides readers about archetypes and relationship pairings identified in a Soul Code Session. Throughout the book, Riley discusses each archetype and relationship paring to help readers reconnect with their essence.

There are several positive aspects to this informative and heart-warming title. For starters, the author revisits and refreshes important definitions, so although the book is part of a series, it stands well on its own. It made me curious to read the first one yet thoroughly satisfied with the one at hand, and I commend the author for achieving this balance.

Also, the language is at once simple, straightforward, and explanatory. The author skillfully and succinctly explains some key concepts such as Birth Soul, Archetype, Soul Age, and Relationship Pairings. Moreover, Riley readily and clearly explains what she means by Soul Code. It is the essence or nature of who one is, but it is not to be confused with conventional ideas about a spirit that lives on after death, destiny, or divine will. I appreciated these clarifications. The author explores the powerful notion that in every relationship dynamics (for instance, Attacker-Victim), what goes around comes around.

Above all, I was particularly fascinated by the archetypes. In Jungian psychology, they are present in individual psyches and represent a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern, or image. Riley lists twenty-something archetypes, and I especially liked ‘The Healer’ and ‘The Hermit.’

Additionally, the author uses beautiful glyphs (illustrations or symbols) for the archetypes and relationships, and she encourages readers to use them as inspiration to make mandalas. Riley informs readers that the glyphs represent sacred geometry, and she devotes a chapter to explaining how to use them. This aspect was what I liked the most about the book.

All in all, there was nothing to dislike in this inspiring book, and therefore, considering all the positives explained, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Additionally, it seemed professionally edited, for I found no errors in it. If you enjoy archetypal psychology, you should take a look at this title. It is a thought-provoking and inspiring read.

The Soul Code Guidance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I really like how the author has talked about so many things while keeping it simple for everyone to understand it. Thanks for bringing this book to my knowledge.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I love to be inspired by the books I read, and I also love them to engage my mind. This seems like the perfect book for me. I'll check it out. Great review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

The book seems to really inspired! The concept of knowing ones Soul Code is Inspiring, and I will love to explore it. it's good to hear that key words were explained. This will give me a relaxing reading experience. Thanks for sharing this review.
Signature of Grace.
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

Awesome review, the titie of the book is catchy, informative and heart-warming. The language used in the book is at once simple, straightforward, and explanatory. Nice

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”