Review of In Spirit and in Truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Review of In Spirit and in Truth

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Spirit and in Truth" by James A Mullier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom: and in all your getting, get understanding” (Proverbs 4:7). The truth can be buried or hidden, but it will always come out. In the world today, lies are easily spread, and people are deceived into believing lies. Sadly, these lies come from trusted ones that are supposed to be custodians of the truth. Churches and leaders in the quest to satisfy personal interests and acquire wealth have paraphrased and twisted the word of God to suit them. And this is wrong and unacceptable to God.

In Spirit and in Truth by James A. Mullier is an inspiring and insightful book. This book is a declaration of faith, hope, and love. We can only have full access to the truth when we know God through salvation and a personal relationship with Him. Then we attract the Holy Spirit, our helper, who helps us discern and understand the mysteries in God's Word.

The author opened my eyes to a lot of things from the Scriptures. I learned that pride is worse than sin because God resists pride but gave His life for sinners. Mr. Mullier urges Christian leaders to deliver God's undiluted word in truth, as that is what pleases God rather than fundraising. The author also sampled some translated versions of the Bible with his audience. And this is where the Holy Spirit comes in to help believers discern and find the hidden truth in God through the Bible.

I agree with the author that some churches still preach the mixed gospel of the old law of condemnation and compulsion instead of the new grace. These preachers make harsh utterances, thereby compelling people to obey the law or face death. But in Romans 6:14, the author leads us to the truth in God's word concerning our lives. The author also encourages us to spread and share Jesus Christ's message of love devoid of condemnation.

What I like most is how the author backs up his teachings with Bible references. I also enjoyed his friendly tone, as it made his discussions engaging and free-flowing. He was careful not to criticize any denomination, and he didn't sound harsh or compelling with his teachings but used the Scripture as his tool. This book is rich in knowledge and full of inspiration. Through this book, believers will open their minds to the truth, which is God. I enjoyed every part of the author's teachings. I must also appreciate the author for sharing his testimony of how God heard his cry when he was in danger. You would need to read this testimony for yourself. It is mind-blowing how God steps in and saves His own.

In conclusion, Christians would learn a lot and gain insights from this publication. There's nothing I disliked about this book, and I loved that its editing was professionally done because I encountered a minor error. I, therefore, award it a perfect rating of four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to Christians who need salvation, long for spiritual growth, and are eager to know the truth about God's Word.

In Spirit and in Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like an amazing book for people who are religious and believe in all this. Unfortunately I'm not into all these things that much so I'll skip this one. Thanks for the review.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Readers who wish to have a personal relationship with Christ and to grow their spiritual life will find this book to be really helpful. It'll help me on my spiritual journey as well. Great review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I checked out a sample of the book and the author does seem to come across in a friendly, natural way. I can certainly agree with some of the narrator's comments on the traditional church and their tendency to preach a mixed message, and condemnation. I think this is a book that Christians, particularly those who want a more personal relationship with God rather than religion. Thanks for the good review on this book.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This book seem to give the ultimate wisdom of knowing God personally, which is actuall the true Christian worship. Welldone to the author. And thanks for sharing this review.
Signature of Grace.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I think this book will be of such encouragement to me. The whole process of developing a personal relationship with God can be difficult and we need to hear some truths and get knowledge so as to push through. This is a must read. Great review.
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

Wow the truth can but burry but it always come back. I really love everything about this book. I prefere skiping other book. But about the scripture book i dont joke with it. Wisdom is really the pricipal thing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”