Review of The Human and The Divine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of The Human and The Divine

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Human and The Divine" by Terry-Ann Grant.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prayer is communing with and making our hearts and requests known to God. Faith is the firm belief that we will get all that we have asked from him. Prayer, faith, hope, and charity work hand in hand, and we cannot do without any of them. Terry-Ann Grant, in her book The Human and The Divine, opens our eyes to the miraculous wonders of God, how she coped in life and how she was miraculously saved from death all because of her faith and fervent prayer to God. Not everyone believes in God, but the story of her life and times could bring hope to the brokenhearted. Could it be you? Find out by going through this inspirational power-packed book.

This book talks about the story of Terry-Ann grant. She grew up without knowing the identity of her father, lived with her mother, step-father and siblings. Having become a single mother at an early age, she vowed not to make the same mistake again but found herself in the same mess. How she could cope is still a miracle as she was faced with so many ups and downs. She encourages all with a verse of the Bible in each chapter, assuring us all that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

This book has so many positive aspects. In this world where evil has become the order of the day, prayer should become a meddling tool. This book, therefore, discloses the miracles that prayer comes with, as God doesn’t ignore those who run to him. The book contains various memory verses that could serve as prayer points for us, making it top-notch.

Also, the book is very inspirational, and the stories are relatable, making the reader eager to see how vital prayer accompanied by faith is. I love that Terry-Ann has made herself a point of contact to draw more people closer to God through her book. Especially in matters that relate to us deepening our faith in God, we discover that the practical advice and experiences of others do much more than any set of theories can.

The book also had its negative aspect. I discovered numerous errors in this book, which is proof that it was not professionally edited. And grammatical errors can make the reader less interested in the book. I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The deduction of a star results from the multiple grammatical errors I encountered while reading this book. I, therefore, recommend this book to all Christians interested in getting closer to God.

The Human and The Divine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

The book will sure build the prayer life of many Christians. Great review.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed, prayer, faith and charity work hand in hand. Great review here.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”