Review of Flawed but Fabulous

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: How to Hug a Light Being by Janet Swartz

Review of Flawed but Fabulous

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Flawed but Fabulous" by Michelle Best.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are all flawed and have all made mistakes in life. Sometimes, it is difficult for people to look past their flaws to see the fabulous parts of themselves. In Flawed but Fabulous: Embracing a Better You by Michelle Best, the author briefly channels her personal experiences and takes us through several key aspects of life where we may need guidance. While Michelle Best faced anxiety, failure, using avoidance as a defense mechanism, the loss of a loved one, and much more, there are a few gems to pick up from her experiences. The author hopes that we will become the best versions of ourselves and recognize that we are wonderful despite our flaws after we complete this journey.

I enjoyed how motivational this book was and appreciated how the author attempted to inspire us by letting us peek into some of her good and bad experiences. As I said, we are all flawed in one way or another, and this underlines the relevance of the message in this book to readers. Therefore, the book's relatability was my favorite aspect. One area of the book that I connected to the most was where the author discussed fear and faith, letting us know that fear can make us better only when we summon the courage to overcome it. Additionally, I also saw myself in the author when she detailed her fear of failing courses and how it prevented her from attending college, as I have very similar experiences.

Furthermore, Michelle Best encouraged maximum reader participation, as each chapter closes with a workbook section where readers are asked some key questions relating to the lessons in the chapter. Through honest self-reflection and filling in answers to these questions, readers will be able to easily link the lessons in the book to their lives and apply them adequately. Some of the insightful questions revolved around a person's need to feel perfect and the pressures that come with it, areas of life that you want to change and why, and reflections on recent failures and fears. I found these exercises very helpful.

The book also explores certain relevant and inspirational Bible verses. I liked that the author recognizes that God is a source of strength and courage when we are afraid and a source of love despite all of our flaws. Readers will find participation in these scriptures highly beneficial as well.

Michelle Best's Flawed but Fabulous: Embracing a Better You is also a flawlessly well-edited book, as I did not find any errors while reading. At just thirty-nine pages in length, the book is concise and easy to read through. I finished reading it in one sitting and under an hour and even got to go back to parts of the book that touched me the most. I cannot think of any aspect of the book that I do not like. Therefore, I rate this guide four out of four stars. I would recommend Flawed but Fabulous: Embracing a Better You to readers who enjoy inspirational reads and books about self-development.

Flawed but Fabulous
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I have read so many motivational books this year that I don't think I'll be able to cope up with another one. Thus seems like a really good book and I think I'll save it for later. Thanks for the review.
Gargoylegarden
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gargoylegarden.html
Latest Review: No More Dodging Bullets by Amy Herrig

Post by Gargoylegarden »

Sounds like a quick, motivational read to me.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”