Review of Gods Gift (Woman)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katie Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading: Think and grow rich
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-canedy.html
Latest Review: Break the Chains of Dieting by David Medansky

Review of Gods Gift (Woman)

Post by Katie Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gods Gift (Woman)" by Freddie Floyd Jr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Throughout history, women have been treated differently than men. Women have been treated as the lesser gender for many years because men believed the Bible said to do this. Freddie Floyd Jr. disagrees with this statement and provides scriptural proof of this incorrect belief in God’s Gift (Woman). He gives advice to women on how men should be treating them, what standards they should have, and what their roles in a biblical marriage are. Freddie also gives similar advice to men in this short book. If a reader wants to improve their relationship with their significant other, God’s Gift (Woman) may be the title they are seeking.

As a Christian, I am not oblivious to the way some Christian men treat their wives. The author beautifully describes the woman’s role in marriage, and I loved how simple it was to understand. Freddie says women naturally want to be cared for and loved by men because this is what God intended from the beginning. Women were not to work outside of the home; in fact, this has and always will be the man's responsibility. It is not the cultural norm today, but I enjoyed learning about the traditional marriage structure.

I also appreciated the author’s explanation of how Jesus treated women. Freddie brought up the fact that when Jesus rose from the dead, he revealed Himself to a woman first. He also provides a story from the Bible showing how Jesus healed a woman with a blood disorder and talked to her compassionately. Freddie tells the men reading this book that they should be treating women just as Jesus did because husbands represent Jesus while the wife represents His Church. Christian men would likely benefit from reading this section of the book due to the analogies provided.

I did not agree with one of the author’s opinions. He says that dating is a societal thing and not traditional. Traditional biblical marriages occurred primarily because of property exchanges and kingdom unifications; it was rare for the Bible to mention marriage due to love. Comparing dating and marriage norms with the ones that existed thousands of years ago is not a fair comparison because these norms are looked down upon in society today. This aspect of the book is the only thing I disliked.

Even though I disagreed with the author’s opinion discussed previously, removing a star is unwarranted because it is just an opinion and does not affect the book’s quality. However, I have to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars due to the grammatical errors present in the text. Christian ladies and men would likely enjoy this book because it uses the Bible to explain the roles of men and women in marriage. Same-sex marriage is not in any part of the book. Due to this, I advise any LGBTQ reader to skip this one.

Gods Gift (Woman)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"There is no try, only do."- Yoda
"If you can dream it, you can do it."- Walt Disney
“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant,it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
JamesJaphet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesjaphet.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by JamesJaphet »

Readers who wish to improve their relationship with their spouses will definitely find this book very helpful. Great review.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Rishi_reviews »

Really interesting book with a lot of teachings which we should learn in this time. It will improve the way you look at women. Really well written review.
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by GideonWrites Review »

It's really a fascinating thing to know what this author has to say in her book in contrary to the usual interpretation of Bible in respect to how women should be treated, especially in the church. Thanks for sharing this to review.
Signature of Grace.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
photosynthesis19
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge by David W. Scheer

Post by photosynthesis19 »

This sounds like a very interesting book. Although I am not a Christian, many of my friends are, and we often discuss the teachings of the Bible in modern society. The relationship between God, men, and women is often not talked about, which leads to lots of misunderstandings. Although I might not agree with the all of the author's opinions, I would be interested in reading this. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”