Review of The Exceptional Life R-Evolution

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 228
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: You The Real State Of Life by Austin Bergman

Review of The Exceptional Life R-Evolution

Post by Theresam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Exceptional Life R-Evolution" by Jessica Tietjen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Exceptional Life R-Evolution by Jessica Tietjen, J.D., is a guide to achieving peak performance in the workplace, at home, and in our communities. Tietjen shares her wealth of knowledge in talent development. Although she is a trained attorney, she realized early in her career that her passion was not limited to contracts and corporate matters. She strategically pivoted to a career that satisfied her goals and created an exceptional life. Through her years working in a talent development role, she shaped Experitec’s Talent Management Program. She is also a certified Gallup Strengths Coach. As a result of her work in talent development, Experitec received several awards for being an exceptional workplace. Due to her significant accomplishments, she is in a unique position to provide readers with guidance in identifying and achieving their goals.

Tietjen provides a well-organized plan for readers. Each chapter encourages readers to reflect on their goals and develop a course of action. She provides four steps to follow and explains each step. For example, feedback is an important aspect of achieving peak performance. The author is not referring to annual performance reviews in this step. She is referring to consistent feedback in the moment. This helps employees to learn and grow as they are engaged in their work. By providing feedback, both positive and negative, employees can learn as they are work and change their approach as needed. I thought this was an excellent point and makes annual reviews seem less important.

I was fascinated by this approach to peak performance. The author provides advice that all readers can use. Her examples involve the workplace; however, she also includes parenting, home, and community in her examples. The advice she gives can be used in all aspects of our lives. It is obvious that she has done a significant amount of research. She uses several of her employees as examples to illustrate various points in the book. She acknowledges that all people are different. She explains the work she gives to one employee will be completed successfully because of that specific employee’s mindset. If the same task were given to a different employee, it may not have been completed as successfully.

What I liked most about this book was the author’s appreciation of the differences in people. Each person needs to reflect on their strengths and work within those areas. Each chapter includes a statement for readers to reflect upon. The goal of these reflections is for readers to understand their strengths. I appreciated that she didn’t provide a standard plan that might not work for everyone. She encourages readers to achieve their own personal excellence. Since no one can be good at everything, we need to work with our coworkers, spouses, or children to achieve greater success. There was nothing I disliked about this book.

I recommend this book to readers with an interest in achieving their goals and living an exceptional life. It provides a comprehensive plan for readers who are serious about completing the necessary work and reflection. If there is an aspect of your life you are unhappy with, then you can benefit from this book. There were a few errors in the book; however, they did not distract me. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It gives readers an excellent plan for achieving an exceptional life.

The Exceptional Life R-Evolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gargoylegarden
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gargoylegarden.html
Latest Review: No More Dodging Bullets by Amy Herrig

Post by Gargoylegarden »

I'm always a little leary about someone who claims to get the best out of everyone. We're all different. Is there a God complex going on here? Clairvoyant?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”