Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susan Duininck Kenning
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susanlee23.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Susan Duininck Kenning »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Since I suffer from anxiety and stress, reading Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A. was very interesting. The authors gave many good examples of ways stress impacts our lives. They also delved into the many symptoms that people can be suffering with that they don't always attribute to stress. Knowing those symptoms can be very helpful in recognizing that stress is negatively impacting your life. They also gave practical advice on dealing with stress and anxiety without using prescription medication. There were tips on herbal supplements that can be used as well as dietary habits that can help. Cognitive therapy and meditation were also talked about as a way of dealing with these issues.

I was very impressed with the number of supplements and herbal remedies that were discussed. There were dozens of different vitamins that can be helpful to people who suffer from these conditions. Since everyone deals with stress differently, it's important to know that there are so many different things that can be tried. Most people don't realize that their diet can make stress and anxiety worse. For that reason, the section on nutrition was especially important. Also, the section on meditation and mindfulness was very helpful.

I don't really have anything negative to say about this book. If I had to say something negative it would be that it is a little repetitive at times. The symptoms of stress and anxiety are repeated quite a few times throughout the book. This may be intentional since it is very important information, but I found it to be unnecessary. It was often repeated word for word in several sections of the book.

I give this book 4 stars out of 4. I think it could be very helpful to a lot of people. The information in the book was pertinent and helpful to anyone suffering from these conditions. It gave many different ideas on what people could try to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and stress. The editing was very good. I only noticed one small error in the entire book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who feels stress or anxiety on a regular basis. I think it gives many practical ways of dealing with these conditions. It goes past therapy and meditation and gives real answers about different things that might work. I think people could learn a great deal about stress and anxiety by reading this book.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

Gustavo Kinrys' natural relief for stress and anxiety is a refreshing departure from traditional methods.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Gustavo Kinrys' book is a manual for those seeking a holistic approach to stress and anxiety relief.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

A refreshing and eye-opening read that challenges conventional approaches to stress relief.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”