Review of Traveling By The Stars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 228
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: You The Real State Of Life by Austin Bergman

Review of Traveling By The Stars

Post by Theresam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Traveling By The Stars" by Christine Rakela.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Traveling By The Stars by Christine Rakela takes a detailed look at the use of astrology when traveling. The author expertly explains the relevant aspects of astrology that impact when and where to travel. She also explains compatibility of travel companions based on their astrological signs. Rakela began her research by studying travel accidents and tragedies throughout the world. By comparing the planetary patterns during these incidents, she was able to determine certain negative aspects that consistently occurred. Her goal was to determine safe travel times; however, she also wanted to ensure an enjoyable trip. Many factors were considered when studying travel from an astrological perspective. This book provides insight into the complex world of astrology and the mathematical science involved.

The author is a certified astrologer through the National Council for Geocosmic Research. This is significant in understanding the research she presents in this book. She provides detailed event charts to illustrate the alignment and position of the planets at significant events in history. For example, she provides a chart of the date and time the Titanic left Southampton, England. She also provides a separate chart of the date and time when the Titanic hit the iceberg. In addition, there is a chapter devoted to explaining each sign of the horoscope. This chapter details how each of the signs relate to travel. Another chapter compares each horoscope sign to explain compatibility between the signs.

This is a fascinating book for readers interested in astrology. It goes far beyond reading your horoscope. The author has conducted extensive research into the specific attributes of each horoscope sign to determine how they approach travel. It also explains some of the tensions that can arise between certain horoscope signs and how to avoid them. The illustrations of the charts are what I liked most about this book. They are complex and include the date, time, and planetary patterns. I was not familiar with how detailed these charts are. The author explained all aspects of the charts and what they represent. Her explanations were easy to understand for someone unfamiliar with the topic.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The author presented her research in a format that is easy to understand. The author provided headings within each chapter that identify the horoscope sign or signs that are the focus of that section. This enables readers to focus on the specific horoscope signs that interest them. Readers with an interest in astrology can learn more about the complex aspects of the science, such as house travel sectors and moon cycles.

This book taught me a lot about the complex world of astrology. It is very interesting to read about the patterns that the author was able to identify by studying the charts of significant tragedies that happened in the past. I recommend this book to readers with an interest in travel and astrology. I only saw one error, so I believe it was professionally edited. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author presented a significant amount of research on a complex topic in an easy to understand manner. For that reason, it deserves nothing less than a perfect score.

Traveling By The Stars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
marba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marba.html
Latest Review: The Thoughts of a Proud Nerd by Robert Kirchgassner

Post by marba »

It is not really my field of interest, so I think I'll take a pass on this one. Good review, though!
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by GideonWrites Review »

I used to love astrology. And with your analysis of the book, I guess the book would give me an opportunity to learn some applications of astrology that are new to me.
Signature of Grace.
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html

Post by GideonWrites Review »

I actually love reading your review
Signature of Grace.
Oscar E Gomez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oscar E Gomez »

Very down to Earth review on a very esoteric book. To start, I congratulate you, Theresam for the treatment of the subject: It's exquisite... Any way... Astrology is as old as the Alchemy and for long time the the reading were make using the original charts created around 2300 years ago. In 2300 years the relative position of the different planets, stars, satelites, etc. has change a lot. The name of the signs are based in constellations that as a whole have change too. So... I remember the experiment to probe the roach has the hearing on the legs: Put a roach on top of a table, hit the table and the roach run... Now, take the roach, tear every one of the legs from the body put again the roach on top of the table, hit the table and the roach don't run... Of curse, the roach can not heard the hit on the table... I will read the book is very interesting for me to find the way of the new Astrology. Thank you Teresam for a great review, I really love it!!!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”