Review of One with Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of One with Life

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One with Life" by George Tsiattalos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author probably won't like what I'm about to say, but One with Life by George Tsiattalos is a self-help book. It's pretty accurate that George noted in the book that he doesn't think his book should be on a shelf of self-help books. The blunt truth is that it is a path to enlightenment that tells various aspects of the author's life and discusses several topics that made him "understand that there is only the present." After this shift, he could abandon negative feelings that haunted him for an extended period as depression and anxiety.

To help the reader, George recounts several events in his life, quotes several wise people, and comments on passages from several essential books such as The Bhagavad Gita and The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. There is a discussion of secondary issues, and in one chapter, the author even gives tips on how to raise your children better.

The most striking aspect of this book is reading about the author's past experiences. These far-off events help to understand the process of change and show how an ordinary person could become enlightened. Far from being someone who grew up living a serene and trouble-free life, George talks about his "addiction" to World of Warcraft. Indeed, this doesn't seem too serious to most people, but in the book, it's portrayed how this kind of addiction was simply a parallel reality for someone dissatisfied with his real life. It was a brilliant description indeed.

Few books are so professionally edited like this one. It was not possible to find even improper use of the comma. I found an example of moderate profanity (the word "sh*t"), but nothing that serious. Whoever edited this work deserves to be congratulated. I consider this book pretty much flawless. The experiences lived, the quotes from other authors, and even the bibliography provided throughout the pages are of unparalleled quality.

The writer makes it clear repeatedly that the process of what he calls enlightenment is an individual and solitary experience. Like he said, "without direct experience, words and thoughts are of little use." Anyway, this book is very well written and can serve as a gateway for people who live empty lives dealing with depression and anxiety and don't even understand the reason behind it all. The above paragraph categorically demonstrates that the only possible score is four out of four stars. There is not even a minor piece of advice to give George on how to improve the book. I recommend this work to those seeking serenity and peace in an increasingly chaotic and unsustainable world. The author was a problematic person who managed to achieve peace of mind and immense wisdom.

One with Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I like reading self-help books and this one will be definitely on my list. Thank you for the review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I will always love self help books. It will be a great opportunity if I can be opportuned to review it
Signature of Grace.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

Self-help books are excellent. One with Life seems to be a very striking example of the genre. I love it when authors tell their problems and what they need to do to overcome them.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”