Review of 2X2 on the Ark:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 474
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: They Chased The Flame by S-Robert J Tremain

Review of 2X2 on the Ark:

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "2X2 on the Ark:" by Mary J Giuffra, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2 X 2 on the Ark: Five Secrets of a Great Relationship is a relationship guidebook written by Mary J. Giuffra, Ph.D. It has five sections, each dedicated to one of the secrets. The sections are further divided into chapters explaining those secrets in fine detail. This book has been written to help readers decode ways they can make their love life great and more fulfilling. It stems from the author's many years of experience of studying, researching, and working with couples on how to better their relationships. It takes us through an eye-opening journey of how to discover love and make it blossom. It is a love map that enables people in a relationship to navigate the tumultuous journey of love. It offers several apt, resourceful suggestions based on the author's many years of experience. l learned a lot and greatly enjoyed reading it.

I also liked how well this work was executed. The author used relevant, relatable examples to support this work. She draws insights from the real-life cases she dealt with in the course of her career and how the issues could have been made better. The relatable examples enhanced my understanding of this book and the various secrets shared. I also couldn't help but realize how passionate the author was in writing this. It was evident she wanted to share these informative pieces of advice with people. This book also draws from various disciplines, such as neuroscience, psychology, and philosophy, among others, to come up with an interesting, comprehensive relationship guide. At the end of each of the chapters, the author summarizes the points by giving a checklist that provides readers with the opportunity to take action, making it practical. All these enhanced my enjoyment of this invaluable self-help book.

My favorite aspect was how the author was able to deliver this work in a readable, easy-to-understand format. Psychology, philosophy, and neuroscience applicable to relationships have all been captured in ways that can be easily understood by a wide range of audiences. This approach in delivery will not only appeal to a wide base of readers but also make them obtain the most out of this work.

All in all, I couldn't find anything to dislike about this book. I believe it was professionally edited since I found only a few minor errors, most of which were to do with missing full stops. I am, therefore, glad to award 2 X 2 on the Ark: Five Secrets of a Great Relationship by Mary J. Giuffra, Ph.D. four out of four stars. This interesting, informative book deserves each of the four stars I've given it, and I had no reason to rate it any lower.

I highly recommend this to any reader in a relationship, thinking of getting into one, or wanting to regain the spark that was once there but is now lost. This book provides an invaluable, eye-opening relationship guide that, when put into practice, can ensure a more fulfilling love journey for couples.

And lastly, I didn't find anything that could make me caution anyone against picking it. Noah’s biblical story has just been used as a metaphor to signify the love journey and the challenges that are normally encountered along the way. Since it was only used as a metaphor and not in a proselytizing way, I believe this book is suited for people of any religion (including nonreligion).

2X2 on the Ark:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ifedigbo_C
2021 Reading Goal: 70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifedigbo-c.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade

Post by Ifedigbo_C »

I laughed on seeing this book's title but I'm quite surprised at your review. Thanks for this. Definitely getting my hands on the book.
Hhannahh
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: Blesscipes by Jeanne Marie

Post by Hhannahh »

This book's title and cover are different from what I excepted from it, but in some other way, they fit the book's content. Nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”