Review of The Right to Nominate

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joe Candle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-candle.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Right to Nominate

Post by Joe Candle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Right to Nominate" by Thomas E Peterson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Right to Nominate is a work of nonfiction written by Thomas E. Peterson. This book’s main objective is to analyze the functioning of the political parties, their negative aspects, and to draw a decent general perspective on the political situation in the United States and on political freedom and influence of the political parties.

The book starts at the foundation of the modern United States. The constitution is the foundation of all moral and political frames. It was widely considered as the only source of great equality and equilibrium by those who wrote it and the author tends to be the same opinion. The fathers of the constitution acknowledged the fact that the Constitution itself can be easily perverted by political entities and political parties. Next, the author states that the political parties are the core of certain factors that can influence the foundation of all laws in the constitution, for example, they can take advantage of the Senate, which makes them able to go against the constitution. If shortened, this book is about how you shouldn’t let rob yourself of freedom. This book also touches upon the liberty of the people to select who they want to see as a governor.

I really liked the way the book is structured. Each argument falls on the next argument; this structure allows one to open eyes as if it was a puzzle. I liked this book because it makes you understand the full picture of certain political situations. I never stopped wowing as if I needed this last little thing to understand an idea that I already was familiar with, but didn’t quite fully understand. The range of topics that this book covers is very large. After reading this book you may apply the knowledge acquired here on a tone of the political situations that are currently happening.

I didn’t like that this book was mainly regarding the negative aspects of the political parties. It’s really useful to see both perspectives. I think the book would have been a little better if the positive aspects of the political parties were also given some time.

This book is professionally edited. I did find some errors in it although they were really tough to spot, and were very minor and rare, so this factor didn’t interrupt my reading session at all.

I rate this book 4 out of 4. I found it enjoyable to read. While reading this book I never felt bored due to the thought-provoking nature of this book which really kept me ongoing. This book also walks upon some moments that are of current political interest and explains them; I found it very useful. Also, it is important to mention that this book has no explicit vulgar content.

I would recommend this book to anyone who had ever voted or who will do it in the future.

The Right to Nominate
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”