Review of The Educated Investor's Handbook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of The Educated Investor's Handbook

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Educated Investor's Handbook" by Derek Przywalny.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every year, hundreds, if not thousands, of ordinary people like you and I make their way into the murky world of the international money markets. They are goaded along with tales of infinite riches that abound within that sphere awaiting plunder. These financial neophytes throw their life savings wholeheartedly into stocks and bonds without any attention whatsoever to due diligence. The result is always the same: most of them lose their fortunes, and some lose their lives in extreme cases. At the end of their financial markets adventure, they crawl home, browbeaten and thoroughly chastened, never to return. The lack of basic knowledge in financial education displayed by these new entrants has become so evident that it is disturbing. This is where The Educated Investor’s Handbook Volume 1 by Derek Przywalny comes in.

The book is detailed, the points are neatly and concisely arranged, and the explanations are thoroughly expanded. Someone with no prior knowledge of the business world will have no difficulty understanding it.

This book takes the reader on an educational journey beginning with the basic building blocks of financial education. I am particularly impressed with the simple manner the author uses to explain complicated processes. For example, explaining the processes behind Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) clears up some of the unfounded misgivings I have on the subject.

It is nice of the author to use any means necessary to ensure the reader understands what he is teaching. The use of tables to diagrammatically explain concepts is very thoughtful of the author. In doing this, he has catered to the need of folks who assimilate better with diagrams.

I did have a concern about something the author did in the last chapter. He used the wrong acronym for a very crucial concept. From a layperson’s standpoint, the acronym for the ‘Pattern Day Trader’ should be PDT. However, the author used PDF instead. I almost thought it was a typo (by the way, the editing was okay) until I saw it repeated. As much as PDF is a cool and relatable acronym, it might rub some readers the wrong way as it did me. Thankfully, I didn’t see this issue as worthy of reducing my rating; it could’ve been intentional. Hence, I’d give the author the benefit of the doubt.

This book is a must-read for both experienced and newbie forex and stock traders. Even aspiring brokers will learn a thing or two from it. It covers absolutely everything one will need to arm themselves before taking on the markets. The words of advice from past and current icons in the industry are lovely additions. I rate The Educated Investor’s Handbook Volume 1 4 out of 4 stars.

The Educated Investor's Handbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Interesting book, including the review. Would like to read, the educated investor's handbook volume 1.
bash01
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bash01 »

Very nice and inspired article. I would love to read the Educated Investors Handbook
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A great book on financial education. Great review here.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

Wow this a great book, it gives one and enlighten them on how to use the money available. It's gives information that we should all read. Nice review.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Michael_peace
Currently Reading: The Long Walk Home (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Michael_peace »

This book will teach you how to spend your money wisely and not frivolously.

The review is fantastic.
Bigtreasure06
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bigtreasure06 »

Great job, potential investors need guide also everyone needs money management skill.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”