Review of Bitcoin Answered

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Diana Lee 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lee-2.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Review of Bitcoin Answered

Post by Diana Lee 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bitcoin Answered" by Jon Law.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you’re new in the cryptocurrency world, then Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law & Alan John will be the ultimate guide to a portion of the said subject. This book is a dummy guide explaining all you need to know about Bitcoin; from its history, how it works, down to the future of Bitcoin. Written in a question-based formats, the authors also clarify the concept of cryptocurrency and break down the frequently-asked-questions (FAQ).

I like how this book is straight-forward in delivering its aim of introducing and explaining Bitcoin. Readers can easily finish the book and gain knowledge on this topic in just one seating. The simple way of explanations made it feel as though the authors are there physically explaining things to the readers. There are also images inserted so it would not be too text oriented and bore some people, especially those who need colors and pictures to work with. The authors also included examples to further illustrate their points. For example, they included names for Bitcoin loans and trading resources. I find this piece of information (the examples given) crucial especially to readers like me, who have zero knowledge on cryptocurrency and Bitcoin and have no idea where to start or if there are any reliable sources. The authors did a great job in guiding the readers step-by-step into the world of Bitcoin.

While this book is written in simple language, readers might not fully understand the text because of the technical words that are not often used in daily life. But, by providing a glossary, readers can refer to it if they stumble upon words or terms they are not familiar with. In addition of a glossary of crypto-essentials terms, extended readings and podcasts sites are also provided at the back of the book easing the reader to better understand the context. I also find the lack of metaphor to explain certain situations; for example, the market condition, as a bit unnerving as I personally am quite slow with technical subjects. However, it is understandable as this is a pure academic writing.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, for it is easy to navigate and successfully deliver its purpose of answering questions on Bitcoin. The authors clearly took their time to analyze the questions and came up with the simplest way to clear any doubts people might have on this topic.

Since it is a factual reading, the intended audience would be teenagers and adults who are interested in Bitcoin and those who are learning about or working with cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin Answered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”