Review of Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace" by Brette Petway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you know that prayer is pretty much the key to everything and can be done in a fun way? Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace by Brette Petway is a book that offers the reader a solution to emotional pain and challenges with the aid of prayer.

The author's path to prayer began when her younger sister, Mandi, was diagnosed with cancer. Her sister eventually died at the age of 25. The death of her sister hit her hard, and she didn't know how to handle the pain or deal with all the emotions that followed suit. Eventually, she found a way to cope by being prayerful. She developed a routine of prayer, and it not only helped her cope with her sister's death, but it also proved helpful in several aspects of her life. The book consists of 12 chapters, and each chapter talks about a unique topic like hope, courage, comfort, faith, etc. The author uses herself to portray and explain these topics.

I found this book helpful. I've always found prayers to be kind of boring, so I find it difficult to pray for a long time. This is one of the reasons I picked this book. And, I must say that it has changed my perspective on prayer. I got to learn how to make prayer interesting. Creating a prayer space and the prayer altar charts for different topics were very helpful to me. The book was structured perfectly. I found the introduction fascinating and inspiring. Most books I have read contain introductions that don't have meaningful content. But, this wasn't the case here. The introduction was as important as the rest of the chapters, if not even more important.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. The language used was simple. I loved how the author incorporated her life into the topics discussed in the book. This gives the reader an example of the manifestation of prayer in the life of an individual. The inclusion of art made the book very captivating and enjoyable. The title of the book is perfect. The author was able to pass the messages she intended to pass to the readers.

This book was exceptionally and professionally edited. I didn't come across any errors while reading. The story was inspiring and compelling. The author's writing style is also unique and engaging. I'm therefore rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to Christians and people dealing with grief.

Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”