Review of Dream of a Lifetime

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Dream of a Lifetime

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dream of a Lifetime" by Norman Walters.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Partitioned into 16 parts of 35 chapters and 234 pages, Dream of a Lifetime by Norman Walters discussed the themes of family, friendship, and adventure. The book narrated the ordeals of the author, his friends, and other members of the crew in the Amazon.

Norman Walters could be best described as someone who loves exploring and checking out new things. Fortunately for him, an initiative for a project from his friend, Lawrence, gave Norman a lifetime opportunity into the Amazon. However, this was for a purpose, which was to build a housing lodge there in the Amazon jungle. There, they had a blast experience which included fun, work, touring, and pains. As the effect of an adventure, they met different people with different personalities and stories. Grab a copy of this novel to read how Norman and Lawrence achieved an incredible feat in the Amazon.

The book contains some elements of fiction, which gave it a touch that would make readers read nonstop till the end. The plot was an inorganic one that developed readers' fast-thinking ability as they mindfully decipher events and categorize them as they read. The writing style was vivid and descriptive. The author made use of imagery which helps readers to imagine the scenes and events. The author's employment of these elements was commendable, as they made the book easy to read. Its diction was also neutral.

The book told the story of the author's personal life and experiences in that adventure. Included in the book were educational facts on history and geography. For instance, it mentioned places such as Peru, Río Yarapa, Iquitos, and New York City. It also gave tips such as the fact that the Río Yarapa is the first feeding tributary into the Amazon River.

I admire the author, Norman Walters; his bravery, courage, and adaptability were amazing. I admired the way he kept on encouraging and pushing others. Also, Juan was of great help during the project, and this was charming. My best part would be when they were stung by the Izula. They had to learn a particular rule of the jungle the hard way.

There is nothing I dislike in Dream of a Lifetime. It was excellent in all rounds. It even contained pictures that immensely helped one's understanding of the book. I only encountered a few minor errors while reading, which did not hamper my smooth reading process.

In conclusion, I rate Dream of a Lifetime four out of four stars. I recommend this book to adventure thriller lovers. Fictional book lovers could also enjoy the book.

Dream of a Lifetime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This seems to be a nice book as the life adventure of Norman is filled with fun and pain, I would want to know how they ended up building a house in the Amazon jungle with his friends. Thanks for the review.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Norman and I have some things in common. I'd add this to my shelf. Thank you.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

This novel sounds like a lot of fun, actually. I'd love to pick this up for my next read. Thank you for your review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I see lots of fun in this novel through this review,I look forward to reading this book,beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”