Review of Get Out Of Your Head

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Get Out Of Your Head

Post by SamaylaM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Get Out Of Your Head" by Peter Francis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The human mind can be a very complex thing to control and develop. Nowadays, we live in constant rush, pressure, and uncertainty. Thus, anxiety commands over our regular lives. The lump of toxic feelings can significantly wreck a person's mental health. So, what should you do when you desperately need to soothe your brain? Are you concerned that everything will proceed to move faster if you take a breather? How can you attain a sound mind to remain happy and confident while maintaining your relationships and work? In the book below, readers will discover multiple techniques to defeat negative feelings and responses.

Get Out Of Your Head by Peter Francis is a professional and practical self-help book. This book aids readers in stopping their bad feelings and provides suggestions on how to savor life with no regrets. The book starts by stating that most humans determine how things should be or what they should do based on others’ opinions. Hence, the author stresses the importance of being honest with oneself above everything. Then, the author divides the contents into six chapters. Those six chapters further contain various sub-topics. Each part slowly introduces and explains the topics of routine, meditation, self-care, psychological mindsets, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc.

I loved reading several things in this book. The author’s writing style was honest, brilliant, and professional. Self-help books can get a tad dull at times. But here, the author lightened the mood with his words and examples. In saying that, I enjoyed the stories and examples, he would share to describe some events. There were also some scientific terms in this book to encourage readers to understand their mentality and thinking better. Among those, I enjoyed reading about the four dominant human thought patterns – defeatist mode, sustainer mode, dreamer mode, and opportunity mode. The author also discussed the benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and provided a study from Ohio State University on it. Since I do regular yoga, it was beneficial for me to learn more about it as well. Besides, the author emphasizes different meditation practices depending on an individual’s level of anxiety. The Nodi Shodhana or nostril breathing was something that I tried from this book after reading the step-by-step process. Indeed, this book was an excellent guide for a positive mindset.

There was absolutely nothing in this book that I disliked. The work seemed pretty well-edited. There were only a few typos, but they did not lessen my enjoyment of reading at all. Overall, it was a very informative and valuable read.

So, I would award Get Out Of Your Head by Peter Francis with 4 out of 4 stars. Readers can learn about meditation, exercises, scheduling, therapy, cognitive distortions, healthy practices, and so on. Therefore, this short but meaningful read would be beneficial to anyone going through rough or anxious times. I will also recommend this to readers who want to know more about their personalities and thought patterns.

Get Out Of Your Head
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Amazing review. Seems like this one is a book for me.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Negative thoughts can "eat" you from inside wasting your energy for nothing, so a book that helps you in focusing on living a good life is certainly very useful. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very useful read for those suffering from anxiety or other disorders. The cover is an eye-catcher. Thank you very much for this wonderful review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy seems interesting, and this book seems to approach a variety of topics. Thank you for this informative review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This book seems to be an educative book that could go a long way in the life of every youth who feels pressured in their life or workplace. Thanks for your review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Motivation to keep you on the go in a trying and difficult time.....very nice review......thanks
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

Sometimes, we care too much about other people's opinion about us that we forget who we are. This sounds like a great read.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Nonso Ok wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 23:51 Amazing review. Seems like this one is a book for me.
Thank you! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

NetMassimo wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:27 Negative thoughts can "eat" you from inside wasting your energy for nothing, so a book that helps you in focusing on living a good life is certainly very useful. Thank you for your great review!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Ellylion wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 13:05 Sounds like a very useful read for those suffering from anxiety or other disorders. The cover is an eye-catcher. Thank you very much for this wonderful review!
Indeed the cover art is a good one!
Thanks for your feedback! :D
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 14:24 Cognitive Behavioral Therapy seems interesting, and this book seems to approach a variety of topics. Thank you for this informative review!
Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

collinsogw555 wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 03:45 This book seems to be an educative book that could go a long way in the life of every youth who feels pressured in their life or workplace. Thanks for your review.
I agree!
Thank you for the meaningful comment!
:tiphat:
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Apple 7 wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 17:56 Motivation to keep you on the go in a trying and difficult time.....very nice review......thanks
Thanks very much! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Victoria Munyandi wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 11:15 Sometimes, we care too much about other people's opinion about us that we forget who we are. This sounds like a great read.
Thanks a lot for your nice comment! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”