Review of Truth has arrived

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Little Book For Big Transformations (2nd Edition) by Skip Jennings
2022 Reading Goal: 175
2022 Goal Completion: 2%

Review of Truth has arrived

Post by Abi McCoy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Truth has arrived" by Steven Randolph.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Truth Has Arrived by Steven Randolph is an autobiography that largely focuses on Randolph’s time involved in the Donald Trump campaign prior to his election as President of the United States. Randolph begins by stating that God told him that Trump would become president, so he set out to help the campaign. He helped campaign throughout the southeast and began to experience confrontations with both Black and White people who were upset with his involvement. Some of these confrontations escalated to sabotage.

During this time, Randolph also developed an app to attempt to resolve national debt and contacted Trump with the idea. Soon after, Trump created his own version without crediting or compensating Randolph. This, along with escalations of racial tensions throughout the campaign, led to Randolph questioning his commitment to Trump and wondering what he should do next.

I found many errors throughout this book. On top of the technical errors, there were also many instances of awkward wording and phrasing that took several rereads to understand. I don’t think this work was edited. There were several instances where the author has notes like “insert stats here” or “insert pictures of event here” included in the text instead of the images. One of the screenshots included was inserted upside down. There were also formatting inconsistencies throughout the whole book and so much repetition of phrases and ideas that the book could have been half as long.

Aside from the numerous technical errors, there were some other things I disliked about this work. The author mentions many times the blatant racism and hate he experienced during his time helping Trump’s campaign. Despite this, he displays some harmful hate of his own in this book. He states that part of the reason he joined the Trump campaign was to stop the Muslims’ “cunning, insidious plan” to take over America. He states soon after that “they [Muslims] will have a free pass to come to America, [and] set explosives.” He also displays rampant homophobia through statements such as, “There was so much gayness in the Trump Campaign that I felt extremely uncomfortable, to the point where I just wanted to get the hell out.” He also got angry when he was sharing a house with “grown-ass men who wanted to screw me in my ass.”

I’m rating Truth Has Arrived by Steven Randolph a 1 out of 4 stars. This was an unusual read. I appreciate what the author was attempting to do with this work, but there was nothing I liked about this book. It started off relatively cohesive, but the last quarter of the book turned into a repetitive rant that didn’t add to the narrative. And I felt that the more I read, the more Randolph lost credibility, especially when he included unnecessary racism and homophobia. This book could be good for people interested in alternative viewpoints relating to Trump’s political campaign in 2016. I would not recommend it for young adult readers considering some of the language and ideas included in this book.

Truth has arrived
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius James 1
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius James 1 »

Randolph never doubted what God would do or capable of doing. I love his commitment and assistance to Trump.
Rm21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Rm21 »

it is interesting that he points out some of the racism he had to endure then turns around and is racist and hateful as well. i'm definitely not interested in this work.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”