Review of How To Let Go Of Someone You Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of How To Let Go Of Someone You Love

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How To Let Go Of Someone You Love" by Julian Demarco.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Let Go Of Someone You Love by Julian Demarco provides practical advice to people who have suffered loss in their lives. Loss and grief can be the result of the death of someone or the end of a relationship. The author describes the grieving process and uses specific examples from her life to illustrate her points. The goal of the book is to let go of the grief and work toward healing. Letting go of the grief doesn’t mean forgetting about the person who is no longer in your life. Letting go of the grief is finding a way to move forward without dwelling on the pain and loss. By letting go, people can work on creating a future instead of constantly dwelling on the past.

Forgiveness plays a large part in letting go during the grieving process. This includes forgiving yourself and forgiving the person you are grieving for. Dwelling on something you should have done or said prevents you from letting go and moving on. Practicing presence and mindfulness helps to move you forward instead of dwelling on regrets in the past. When you practice thinking in the present moment, you don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future. The author also suggests meditation to focus on the present.

I enjoyed reading this book. It gives practical advice and recommendations to people who are suffering. The author is very open and honest about her experiences with grief and loss. This is helpful to readers who may be in a similar situation. Grief is a common issue with people, and everyone grieves in their own way. The author recognizes this and never appears judgmental. It is a gradual process and she assists readers in working through the issues they may be facing.

What I liked most about this book was the author’s use of examples in her own life. Her honesty and explanations will help readers in similar situations. She describes the divorce of her parents and the death of her father. She also describes the loss of her stillborn son. It is heartbreaking to read about her loss. However, these descriptions and her explanation of how she worked through the grieving process will help readers who are suffering. There was nothing that I disliked about this book.

There were a few errors in the book; however, they did not distract me from enjoying the book. I would recommend it to readers who are experiencing grief and having difficulty letting go or moving forward after the loss. The author provides valuable advice for readers. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

How To Let Go Of Someone You Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

This seems like a great book. How we need such insight to renew our hope and someone else's experiences to make us feel that we are not alone. Thank you for this review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I think when someone relates something with his/her own self then it makes the book more interesting and engaging. I would surely like to go through this one and explore the areas that the author has tried to highlight. Great review, thanks.^^
Daniya mehak
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daniya mehak »

its a great book which helps involve the power of imagination and understand that emotions are normal
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

The cover and the title drew my attention to this review and I’m glad I clicked on it. Thank you for this lovely review. Grief is something we all battle with at some point in life and seeing that we aren’t alone makes things easier a tiny bit.
“Just keep swimming.”
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is a nice book that should be read by anyone that may have lost someone and may need to let go, this book will guide you through those phases. Thanks for the review.
Ozochi Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ozochi Daniel »

I think I would love to read this since the author wrote it down out of experience to help a lot of people suffering from grief and loss
Thanks for the review
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

I appreciate the author having the mindset of helping someone through loss through their writing. Sounds like a great book, thanks for the review!
Rbbhuncho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Rbbhuncho »

Great work, I embrace the author having the mindset to help people who had suffered great losses.thanks for the review!
Temitope A 3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Temitope A 3 »

How to let go of the someone you love.This is very much interested as one can make use of the lesson thaught to teach people who are carrying such depression to reduce untimely death in our society.Julian,the writer has done well.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Seems like an amazing book. I would add it to my shelf. Thank you for recommending.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

This book has an important message. Sometimes we dwell so much on the past that we fail to appreciate our current blessings.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

I want to read this book! I have difficulty overcoming loss of any type. Often I end up catastrophizing even small losses as if someone's passed away. I think this read would be good for my mindset. Thank you for your review!
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

Letting go of someone you love is a very difficult choice to make, but if you love someone then you have to let them go. This book is so inspiring and it teaches one of the most hurtful things ever. To let go. I love this review. It's splendid!
Novin Aliyah
Currently Reading: The Shade of Highfall
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Novin Aliyah »

Many people feel difficulty facing their grief. This book is for grief-suffering people. Who makes changes in their life. The review was easy to understand.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”