Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

Post by Choky »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manifesto for a Cancer Patient" by Colleen Huber, NMD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Manifesto For A Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, N.M.D is a non-fiction book that provides different ways of treating cancer. The author is an approved Naturopathic Medical Doctor from Tempe, Arizona. I applaud her for her achievements and am hoping one day she will be able to eradicate cancer. It's unbelievable that until 2006 that chemotherapy was the option given to cancer patients.

This book has two parts. Part one generally covers what a cancer patient is required to know and understand to fight the disease. It even has a section of questions asked regularly, and they are all answered well. The second part is very enlightening. It will convince any reader that there is hope. It practically explains how cancer can be defeated or cured.

The introduction part of the book showed how the author takes patient care to a whole new level. She prioritizes the patients' feelings and gives the best advice. Then she puts all her efforts into destroying the cancerous cells in her patient.

I acclaim Dr. Colleen Huber's bravery and strength to call out other health care practitioners who have different agendas other than the patient's. The doctors in the Emergency Room of the Phoenix hospital almost pushed Sarah into having radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and she did not have cancer. After reading this, it made me realize that Sarah is one of many that have experienced this. She is just lucky she escaped this.

This book will restore people's belief in natural medicine. The pharmaceutical industries also need to promote this. I know we are very far from this happening, but who knows, we might get there. It was amazing how the author bravely criticized Pharma. Unfortunately, they prefer to become rich and powerful over people's health.

I like that this book was educative and informative. As a medical student myself, I have learned about cancer from a different but beneficial perspective. There we also a couple of links or sites where you can learn more about naturopathic oncologists. Some offer comparisons between naturopathic and conventional medicine.

There was nothing that I disliked about this book. I would therefore rate 4 out of 4 stars. It had no grammatical errors, and the book contents are no doubt advantageous.

I would recommend this book to anyone, especially cancer patients and health care practitioners. It would help them in the cancer fight, and the tabulated data for the cancer treatment progress might be necessary for research and study.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”