Review of Destiny Control

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Destiny Control

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destiny Control" by David Garrahan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought about the outcome of your daily struggle? Do you struggle for yourself or toil for others? This story emphasizes how each of us has had to cope with the psychological effects of our childhood, which have an impact throughout our lives. The characters hail from different backgrounds, but they have one goal, which is to succeed. The story revolves around trust and personal development. The author successfully compiles eighty years of his life which is scarred with problems from all angles.

Destiny Control by David Garrahan is a means the author uses to offer advice and guidance to his readers by highlighting his mistakes and regrets so that others can learn from them. He does this using facts and examples to buttress his points. His perseverance under the different obstacles which cage his family is admirable, and can he struggle to remain his honest self, despite temptation? Have you not ever felt that you needed to enrich the younger generation with a culture of excellence and value creation? Well, that is exactly what you get when you pick this book.

The book was compiled distinctly and peculiarly with impressive diction. It started on a good note, and the book was straight to the point without delay. The storyline is good with language that is easy to read and understand because of its simple vocabulary. The author chooses to write in a narrative style in which a straight description of events is given with little reference to underlying emotions. It has been a while since I enjoyed reading a self-help book.

The book has a lot of negative aspects. The book is filled with so many errors due to poor editing. From punctuation to spacing to grammar errors, all can be found in this book. The book is disorganized because there are flash-forwards or future references, but there are no indications for the reader. This would result in subsequent confusion for the reader. The book also has a dull tone which could bore readers at some point.

With this, I conclude by rating this book three out of four stars. This resulted from the number of errors that were contained in the book, and the tone of the author was also a discouraging factor. I recommend this book to any lover of autobiography and personal history. Also, I recommend it to those going through difficult times who could use a word of advice from this book. It is based on knowledge from the experiences of others. This book will take you down a path of self-awareness, regrets, and had-I-knowns.

Destiny Control
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Seems like a book that would help a lot of people who are currently going through bad times.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This book seems to be exceptional in that the author shared his experiences, from his mistake and regrets he has made which will be beneficial to everyone. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”