Review of The MISOGI Method

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Review of The MISOGI Method

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MISOGI Method" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life can be a beautiful thing if we are willing to take chances. The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller is a riveting self-help book about taking chances and being the best version of yourself. Misogi is an ancient Japanese Shintō ritual of purification by washing the entire body in very cold water. Jody B. Miller has used this ritual as a basis for creating The MISOGI Method. This method is aimed at self-development and stepping out of your comfort zone. You basically challenge yourself to do something that seems impossible, but is something you've always wanted to do. There are three main rules of The Misogi method: A MISOGI has to have a 50% or greater chance of failure, it can’t kill you and it can’t harm others. So, is there something you are afraid of trying? Jody B. Miller has done her research and perfected this method that can be used by just about anyone.

The theory of this book was well-researched. It is a clear guide for success and for living your best life. There are many positive aspects to this book. I enjoyed the conversational tone of the book and the way the author confidently presents her concept. The affirmations at the beginning of each chapter were quite inspiring. I also liked how the author engaged with the reader. At the end of each chapter is a section to document your misogi progress.

The MISOGI Method is a very solid and practical method. Before reaching the end of the book, I found a misogi of my own. This book has inspired me in more ways than one. The only negative thing I can honestly say about this book is that it contains a few spelling and grammatical errors.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. One message that really resonated with me is that it doesn't matter what kind of background you originate from, there is greatness in everyone if you put your mind to achieving it. The author grew up in a large family and didn't have everything to her comfort. Now she is a bestselling author and an influencer.

I enjoyed reading the bonus interviews at the end of the book. Anyone willing to shake things up in their lives needs to grab a copy of this book. I would recommend this book to persons who feel like they aren't challenging themselves enough. This is a great book for boosting confidence and self-esteem.

The MISOGI Method
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I am not sure I want to try anything that involves very cold water because I have grown accustomed to a bit of comfort in my middle age. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

Niens Now wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 04:47 I am not sure I want to try anything that involves very cold water because I have grown accustomed to a bit of comfort in my middle age. Thanks for a great review.
Me neither. But I sure wanna try the modern MISOGI method that the book has mentioned.
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”