Review of Nursing School Tips in a Nutshell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JM Reviews
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jm-reviews.html
Latest Review: After Your Children Die by John LaCasse

Review of Nursing School Tips in a Nutshell

Post by JM Reviews »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nursing School Tips in a Nutshell" by Olivia Nwaokeleme Ekperikpe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Joining a new school to pursue your career can be very tricky. This is because, most of the time, you can't know what to expect or what to do to make your education successful. If you become lucky enough to get an upper hand on what will be expected of you, you’ll be better prepared. This will increase your chances of passing the exams. Nursing schools are the trickiest. With high expectations and busy schedules, keeping up can be hard. However, with psychological preparations and a well-defined plan, success is guaranteed. Nursing School Tips in a Nutshell by Olivia Nwaokeleme-Ekperikpe is a non-fictional self-help book that aims to help those who want to join a nursing school.

This book has forty-nine pages. It is divided into seventeen chapters. In this review, I’ll only summarize the first three chapters. The first chapter, Expectations of Nursing School, talks about the initial stages of joining a nursing school. The author talks about how to prepare before and how to adapt after entering this school. Here, she talks about The Twelve Commandments of Nursing School. The second chapter, Nursing School Is the Avenue That Will Transform Your Life for The Better, talks about the benefits one gets after successfully graduating as a registered nurse. It also gives suggestions to students on different motivations to keep them through the nursing school. The third chapter, You Shall Place Your Studies First and Not Be Distracted by Other Activities, insists on dedicating all your time and resources to the studies. The author also gives some sound pieces of advice to married women who want to join nursing school. She also talks about different tests, and how to tackle them.

I liked several things about this book. First, having been to a nursing school, the author talks from experience. Most of her instructions are practical. Her story about how she struggled through nursing school is inspirational too. Second, I liked how direct her points were. She kept her sentences short and informative. There were no unnecessary wordings. For this reason, the book’s chapters were very short. Third, the author talks about very useful tips. For instance, about funding, she gives several sources of college funds. This will ensure that so many people can attend nursing school without worrying about their finances. Since I only found one grammatical error while reading, this book was adequately edited.

There are only two things I disliked about the book. First, most of the pieces of information contained here are obvious. Things like being punctual, never submitting assignments late, and ensuring you concentrate on your exams are known to everyone who joins a college. Second, some of her suggestions are impractical. For example, she suggests that one should score one hundred percent on assignments because this will boost the exam results. While it’s everyone’s wish to score that high on every test, it’s almost impossible to do it consistently in all the assignments.

In conclusion, this is a well-written book. Although it has some flaws, its strengths overshadow them. I, therefore, rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone planning on joining a nursing school. Those who are already in a nursing school will also find it useful. If you expect to get some new information from this book, you may be disappointed.

Nursing School Tips in a Nutshell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
‚ÄúIf you don‚Äôt read the news paper you‚Äôre uninformed. If you do read it you‚Äôre misinformed.‚ÄĚ

- Denzel Washington:D
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Nursing school can be extremely demanding. Tips on how to navigate these challenges will be very helpful to the target audience. Great review.
Pearl Thomas
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Pearl Thomas »

From your review, it doesn't seem as though this book provides actual useful information. Most of the tips seem either obvious or vague. Thank you for your honest review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Unveil your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou

Post by Edit_or »

I need to read this as soon as possible. I can easily relate what it entails to be a nursing student because I’m currently in it and I can say it’s not child’s play so I think this book will go a long way in helping out. Thanks for the review.
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Niens Now »

As I had training in nursing for a bit more than a year, I can see the merits of this book. Thanks for a great review
ūüēČBe Here Now‚Ćõ

Return to ‚ÄúNon-Fiction Books‚ÄĚ