Review of Putin's Puppet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Agenda 2060 by A.I.Fabler

Review of Putin's Puppet

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Putin's Puppet" by Dr. Moswee M. Peach.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On November 8th, 2016, the American people went to the polls and elected Donald John Trump as their 45th president. On January 20th, 2017, his inauguration set the ball rolling for four of the most turbulent, if not controversial, years ever witnessed in the two hundred and forty-five years of America's existence as a sovereign nation. His actions and utterances polarized the nation along both party and ethnic lines like had never been seen before now. Putin's Puppet by Dr. Moswee M. Peach details those turbulent years. The author goes into frightening details about how the actions instigated by this man, his rhetorics, and his personality brought America to the brink of what most neutral observers will call a "Fascist Dictatorship."

The first thing the reader notices about Moswee M. Peach is patriotism. The author takes the time to talk about the early warning signs which the general public chose to ignore and the factors at play within the American political climate that paved the way for Mr. Trump's rise to the highest office in the land. Moswee also explains the tools Trump used to subjugate the laws of the land and bend them to his will. The quintessential question of how this could have been prevented from the offset is discussed with as much enthusiasm. There is so much information in this book that has been kept out of the mainstream media: the untold story behind the January 6th, 2021 insurrection, the Mueller documents, and a new perspective on the relationship between President Trump and Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

I must admit that I was impressed with the level of research that went into this book and the attention to important details that were previously ignored. The author's reference to newspaper articles and previous books added an extra layer of context to the situation.

On the flip side, I found the author's tone a tad problematic. It was far harsher than I would expect from a book of this nature. This could lead even the most neutral observer to wonder if the author has a personal ax to grind with Mr. Trump. I also found the author's style of writing somewhat unusual. Finally, the author's habit of repeatedly ramming the same point home at the end of every chapter became tiresome to the point it felt like grinding teeth continuously.

Additionally, I had no words for the editing; it was abysmal, and that'd be me being polite. The formatting also left much to be desired. I had to check out another of the author's books, How to Fake America Great Again, and I noticed the same formatting issue. Weighing the book holistically, I'd rate it 2 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to journalists. Historians would find this book particularly interesting to digest. I would also recommend it to constitutional lawyers to study some of the perceived flaws in the constitution. I'd have to warn readers biased in favor of Donald Trump to steer clear of this book.

Putin's Puppet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

We can all attest to how turbulent Trump's administration was. A book that captures all of that will be interesting to read. Great review.
Pearl Thomas
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Pearl Thomas »

It's disappointing that so much effort was put into research and details but the final product has such bad editing. Although I am fascinated to know of the author's opinions on the apparent fascist dictatorship, sloppy editing is really off-putting. Great review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: A Desperate Turn of Events by M J Clark

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your honest review. It seems the author has spent time researching the political relationship between Russia and the US. Unfortunately, the repetition and bad editing have badly affected the content.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”