Review of Triple Life Threat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michaeljerry309
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: Sons of Light by M DiGioia Bogin

Review of Triple Life Threat

Post by Michaeljerry309 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Triple Life Threat" by Donald Lyman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Donald Lyman is a self-taught nutritionist who is interested in the advances made in nutritional medicine around the world. With a career in agriculture and experience in pathology, Donald Lyman was able to see the link between malnutrition and disease. This is Donald's second book. It has 400 pages and is full of nutritional advice that will change the way you look at dieting and food in general.

Triple Life Threat is divided into 3 parts. In part one, the author talks about solutions to COPD. In part two, he talks about diabetes, its causes, and some ways to prevent it. Finally, in part three, the author explains Alzheimer’s disease. Donald is an advocate for the Naturopathic approach to medicine rather than the Allopathic approach to medicine. Donald also explained why we should focus more on using natural means to prevent or treat the causes of diseases rather than just treating the symptoms, and I agree with him.

Donald Lyman is a very meticulous writer. This is evident in the way he explains his points and backs them up with proper research and statistics. His choice of words is simple, and his explanations are easy to understand. When he explained the difference between the various types of diabetes, I was able to understand it properly. This is a big deal because I’ve never been able to understand the difference between the different types of diabetes.

The only issue I had while reading this book was the slew of nutrients the author was recommending. The nutrients were so many, and I could not keep up with all of them. This made reading the second part of the book confusing and tedious. I would have loved to see a diagram or table showing these nutrients and their uses. This would have acted as a guide for readers to incorporate some of these nutrients into their diet.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because the issues I had in the second part of the book affected my reading experience. I didn’t rate it lower because I believe that more people should be aware of their nutritional well-being. I also enjoyed reading and learning from the first and third parts of the book. I didn’t come across any errors in this book, so I believe this book received exceptional editing. Furthermore, I recommend this book to adults over the age of 18 who may have suffered from health complications in the past and are looking for ways to improve the quality of their lives by eating healthy food. Anyone approaching old age should read this book to learn about proper nutrition and how it can help reduce the risk of health complications that come with old age.

Triple Life Threat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Goodness C N »

I do believe that books on specific topics and all are better appreciated by readers who have an interest in them. Regardless, you have a well-written review that gives the reader an insight into what to expect. This book opens the eye of the reader to the benefits of appropriate nutrition.
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: The Art of Marketing Jesus by Robert Wachter

Post by Nazzy_ »

I love nutritionist. This review was well-written, it gives the reader an insight into what to expect. Good review.
Iqra Rafiq 1
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading: First Lessons
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

This book is more like a medical journal. I appreciate that the author has well-defined types of disbelief and yes I do agree that common people don't know the classification of diabetes. Not only this the author has also written about COPD which is a great read to cigarette smokers as the root cause of COPD is smoking .althought Alzheimer is a senile disease of dementia but I appreciate that this topic is also touched. Thanks for the detailed and an honest review .
Obinna9058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna9058.html
Latest Review: Plantation of Bones by Lou Dischler

Post by Obinna9058 »

I always say to myself, if the food and drinks we take are healthy, then we will be healthy. Nutrition goes a long way in affecting the way our body responds to ailments. I hope some day, our food and drinks will be safe.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Unveil your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou

Post by Edit_or »

Our nutrition and diet has a role in our life span. It should be taken seriously. I think this is a book for all. Nice review. Thank you.
AfraBrb
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrabrb.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by AfraBrb »

that is an amazing book i definitely need it in my cabinet. nutrition is my interest. good review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”