Review of The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Review of The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones" by Frank Benson Jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To quote H. Rap Brown, "Racism is as American as apple pie." It is a mode of discrimination against a specific group of people due to differences in race. Racism is a problem that has been prevalent throughout the world in some or another form. And it is one of the main topics in Frank Benson Jones' book, The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones. It is a biographical book that follows the author's life story, from being a racist militant to a faithful preacher.

The book contains 11 chapters that define each period in the author's life. As a child, he lived in a segregated neighborhood and had formed various false assumptions regarding their inferiority. But they were corrected during his adulthood. He had been an operating room assistant, a military pilot, an airline pilot, a bookstore owner, and a proud member of the Black Panthers. All of these experiences bought him closer to the truth about racism. At last, he relinquishes all the hate and embraces Christianity. The book explores all of these phases in exquisite detail.

What I liked the most was the attention to detail present in this book. The author has done an admirable job at describing each of his life's phases in fine detail. It immensely enhances the reading experience. Another thing I would like to appreciate is the author's sincerity. Throughout the book, he has been honest about his thoughts and actions. He openly defines his thoughts and justifies his actions. He embraces Christianity but does not follow it blindly. He explores how a small fraction of priests use religion for their benefit and chooses to refrain from such activities.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. I've read quite a few biographies, but this one stands out. The writing style is simple and easy to follow. The narration is descriptive enough to keep the reader's attention. Most of the book follows a serious tone, but there are instances of humor in them. It makes the book even more enjoyable. The editing was professional. Except for a few minor mistakes, I could not find any errors in this book. For these reasons, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

All in all, The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones is a perfect read for anyone who wants to see the history of America from a black man's perspective. I can recommend it to anyone interested in topics of racism and inequality in America. Despite being a biography, the book has a narration that can attract all kinds of readers. It contains many racial slurs, profanity, and mild sexual content. Reader's discretion is advised.

The Metamorphosis of Frank Benson Jones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
D G M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-g-m.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by D G M »

This book gives a good portrayal of the life of a black American. I think this will be a very interesting read!
GYRO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gyro.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B08CHZGPCB

Post by GYRO »

I think this is a really good book about racism but I don't think I'll like reading it. Not much of a fan of non-fictions.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by John Karanja 1 »

Racism has been a vice globally, yielding to major divisions in the societies, hindered service provision and caused violence among people.
Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”