Review of The Mindfulness Experience - 8 Strategies to Live Life Now

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2021 Reading Goal: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 390
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Your Healthcare Guide by Dahley Mensah

Review of The Mindfulness Experience - 8 Strategies to Live Life Now

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mindfulness Experience - 8 Strategies to Live Life Now" by Keith W Fiveson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health, they say, is wealth. Only that in this book, the author did not explain just one’s physical well-being but went on to explain it in terms of the body, spirit, and mind. Keith W Fiveson wrote this non-fiction book titled The Mindfulness Experience: 8 Strategies to Live Life Now to educate the readers on how to live the best life.

The book is divided into eight chapters, of which each chapter represents the eight strategies to live a healthy life. It discussed the mind and body and methods of developing them with their benefits. It also talked about various exercises. Not only that, but it continued with the spirit, fuel, and recharge. The author emphasized the importance of developing our spirituality, eating a proper diet, and getting enough sleep and rest. Our environment, relationships, and aspirations were also explained in full detail. The author defined how our environment and our relationship with people affect our lives. He used his failures (failed marriages and a cancer patient) to educate the reader. Grab a copy of this book to learn how to live your best life in good health, sound mind, and prosperity.

Firstly, I loved the book structuring. It was like an essay. It has an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. The body (each chapter) was then further divided into subtopics. The book included images and a long list of references. The diction was easy and uncommon words were broken down and explained in detail. All these made the book straightforward to read and understand. Also, the list of references showcased that this was a well-researched book.

Secondly, the author’s inclusion of a poem in a part of the book lifted my spirits as a lover of poetry. While explaining his childhood, Keith W Fiveson talked about how introverted he was and how badly it affected him later in life. His social life was so shattered, and it was evident that if he could rewind the hand of time, he would correct those things. That part taught me to be more receptive to relationships. In the acknowledgments, the author’s gratitude to his wife for being supportive support was beautiful. It showed how much he cherished his wife.

Thirdly, this book was highly educative. For example, the book talked about proper diet, recharging and relaxing our bodies, meditation, and exercise. Besides that, the author explained the appropriate ways of doing those things per moment and Feng Shui (the right room colour, arrangements, and effects of exercise on our body). I must confess I felt privileged reading this book. From reading this book, I learned terms like Sonder (the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as our own, populated worries) and Spiritual Bypassing (a situation where humans neglect spirituality and socialization for the pursuit of money).

Finally, there was absolutely nothing to dislike about the book, as everything was in order. The author sought to educate and inform people on how he has learned to live life for readers to avoid his own mistakes. The book was also professionally edited, as I found only two grammatical errors while reading. Based on the positive points listed, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

In conclusion, I would recommend this book to people that are depressed and tired of recording numerous failures in life. Even teenagers are welcome to read as the book gave tips to excellent physical, spiritual, social, emotional, psychological, and financial well-being. It was a piece of comprehensive information. Readers will critically rethink their lifestyles after reading this book.

The Mindfulness Experience - 8 Strategies to Live Life Now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by Priya_Singh »

This book sounds amazing. And the fact that the author has broken it into simpler details, it makes it more interesting. Thank you for your wonderful review. 🌻🌼
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Fearless Thinking, Stress-Free Living, Guaranteed (Almost) by Purandar A. Amin

Post by T T 2 »

I have always been a follower of the saying, "Health is wealth" and lately have been more into taking care of my health. This book sounds like a perfect read for me. Great review!
Pearl Thomas
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I'm excited about the fact that the author has included poetry in a book like this. I'm a lover of poetry as well, and I guess it'll just make the reading experience more personal.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I love that the author has included poetry in this book as well. I really think based on your review that this book will be beneficial to so many! Thank you for your great review!
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: The Art of Marketing Jesus by Robert Wachter

Post by Nazzy_ »

I love how the author talked about the importance of being healthy in body, spirit and mind. Good review.
AfraBrb
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrabrb.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by AfraBrb »

health is the most important thing in life,interesting book, great review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”