Review of Trial, Error, and Success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of Trial, Error, and Success

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trial, Error, and Success" by Sima Dimitrijev and Maryann Karinch.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Trial, Error, and Success, by Sima Dimitrijev and Maryann Karinch, is a non-fiction book that emphasises the need to use our human elements to solve problems. Decision making and providing solutions to problems are part of our everyday lives. Since we are in a technological era, most people tend to solve issues with scientific methods and generalised knowledge. However, it is no news that scientific models at certain times have proven to be incapable of solving these problems. The book provides solutions to these failures of science and generalised knowledge. It also provides methods that can be used as a better alternative. Find out about these solutions and methods by reading through the pages of this book.

The book contains some positive points. Firstly, I love that the book postulates a brilliant concept, which is the concept of finding alternatives to scientific methods in solving problems. It contains a lot of factual information that leaves the reader with excitement to try out the recommendations made in the book. I love that it didn't just point out the problems of science and generalised knowledge; it gave the solutions to prevent such issues and made recommendations on how to use them to obtain ideal results. I also love that the authors wrote the book in harmony such that there is no visible difference between the writings of the two authors.

However, on the negative side, I didn't quite appreciate the fact that most of the examples given in the book were scientific experiments. To a reader that is not scientifically inclined, some instances may appear strange or alien to him. He may not fully understand the authors' mind or grasp the lesson meant to be learnt from the book. Again, I felt that some examples gave unnecessary information that a reader might find boring or deviate from the primary reason for such an example.

The book was exceptionally well-edited. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it. However, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I do so because I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book. In a lot of pages, the authors gave real-life examples that we can relate to. I didn't give it a higher rating because the authors' writing style seemed ambiguous to a certain group of people.

I recommend this book to readers who wish to find a more practical approach to making important life decisions. The decision we make can either bring us success or failure. This book provides a guide to making better decisions and solving problems that may arise from the bad decisions we might have made in the past.

Trial, Error, and Success
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I think this book could've been titled better; one that reflects a little about the new aspect it brings to decision making. Lovely review!
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The book has a nice title. It is essential that we bring up better ways to solve our existing problems. I like the concept of the book. Good review.
Victor ODEYEMI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-odeyemi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Victor ODEYEMI »

This book may have some people that will not agree with its arguments.
I believe that Science will not give up on issues that defy solutions. Thus, we cannot reach a reasonable conclusion that Science will fail in such regards.
I believe Science has contributed a lot to the universe. Trial and error may not be appropriate when dealing with life.
This is a nice review from you.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This book sounds like an interesting read based on your review. It's always good to figure out or learn about new ways to deal with problems. Thanks for your review!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I think using our minds to solve problems gives a better solution than using scientific methods. Great review!
Grace Bassey 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Grace Bassey 1 »

From your review The book sounds very interesting
according to the way you review The book it has to do with solving problems and making important life decision and I like the sound of that
hopefully a lot of people will be willing to read this book and not just to make an important decision in life but changed also their perspective In something I can't wait to start reading this book
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

we should always listen to our body and trust our mind and follow logic to solve our problems, interesting book, greatvreview
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'm not certain there's so much relationship between the title and the content of the book. Science is indisputably getting better every day. The idea that scientific methods are erroneous isn't exactly a strong point. Thanks for the review
Beauty Kalu22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-segunjohn.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Beauty Kalu22 »

Thank you for a well detailed and honest review. I've always loved non fiction books and this sounds like one I'll definitely love to have for myself.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book has a good structure and plot. It has a good flow. It seems interesting and captivating. Thanks for the review.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

I think scientific methods are very reliable. However, I would love to read the book to see the other alternatives provided by the author. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”