Review of Butterfly Awakens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Butterfly Awakens

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Butterfly Awakens" by Meg Nocero.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Butterfly Awakens is an amazing memoir of transformation through grief by Meg Nocero. The author tells us her story of transformation and the struggles she had to go through to experience transformation in her life. She tells a story that runs from 2008 through 2020. The book is divided into three parts. Part one talks about grief. Part two talks about transformation and part three talks about freedom. How do we cope after the death of a loved one?

This book follows the transformation of Meg after the loss of her support pillar. Meg is a federal immigration prosecutor who had been bullied as a child but had learnt to appreciate herself better through the help of her mother, Mary Jo. This created a strong relationship between them. Meg is in court on a workday when she gets a call from her mother informing her that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. This hits Meg as a shock and leaves her in pain.  Meg prays for her mother’s recovery and hires various healers to help her. However, Mary Jo dies, leaving the family devastated. This takes a toll on Meg's family and work life. She begins to look for ways to heal from grief and move on with her life. However, it is easier said than done. Will Meg ever find ways to overcome her grief or will the loss of her mother prove too much for her?

This book contains a lot of positive aspects. The author uses an amazing narrative style that would make the reader very involved in the story. She dedicated her time to explain the meaning and significance of every term she employed in the book. The author begins every chapter with an enlightening quote, such as this quote from Oprah Winfrey, 'the whole point of being alive is to evolve into the person you were intended to be.’ I liked this quote and it gave an amazing insight into what that chapter of the book was going to discuss.

Meg emphasizes the importance of the right doctors in any given situation. For example, she talks about the hope that Placido, Shannon, and Dr. Angel brought into their lives and the fear her mother’s oncologist had put in her. Through Meg’s story, we see the importance of associating ourselves with the right group of people while going through pain and how groups affect our overall view of ourselves. This book contains a lot of amazing poems for the readers to enjoy.

The author also provides various enlightening songs which helped her in her journey of transformation. While reading this book, I felt like I was there with the author, sharing in her grief and experiencing transformation when she finally got hers. Also, I did not find a lot of errors in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited. The book’s title is well suited for the awakening that occurs in this book. Along with her original message, the author manages to leave the reader in deep thought.

I did not find a negative aspect to this book except a few typographical errors. I rate this book a four out of four stars. I did not rate it lower because the negative aspect above did not affect my appreciation of the book. Also, it was a very interesting and educative read. I recommend this book to all who are suffering from grief and hardship. I also recommend it to people who are looking for ways to discover themselves.

Butterfly Awakens
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Having been through grief at an early age, I still struggle with it at times. And I have read my fair share of books journaling through grief, but the fact that this book includes poetry as well stands out for me. I'm a lover of poetry. Amazing review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This book sounds like a healing and inspiring read. As someone who has suffered many losses so far this year, I feel like this would be a beautiful and encouraging read. Thank you for your review!
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

The cover of this book is colorful and captivating, I enjoy reading this review.
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

This book seems like one I would love to read. Coping with the loss of a Loved one can be very difficult. If proper care is not taken, it could lead to depression. Thanks for the review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I love the author's style of putting down her life experiences, am certainly reading this book. Great review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i can't imagine loosing my mother, i don't know what will that do to me, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Loosing a loved one is really sad and mostly if it's your mother. One can easily understand Meg's pain and if one desires to get along with this fact, reading this book will come in handy. It's a great review and it's detailed
Poetic Justice
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

Losing a parent can be traumatic at any age, perhaps more so when strong bonds have existed. This book, in which the author shares her journey offers hope and encouragement for others that have lost loved ones.
Godfrey 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Godfrey 1 »

Losing a loved one is a really sad occasion or occurance but mostly losing your mother is the most painful instant . So it is easy to understand Meg's pain ,and so reading this book is kind of interesting and sad .this is a great review and it si detailed
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I love the cover and title of this book! It sounds like a beautiful memoir. I don't care for poetry so much, but I am intrigued by the author's story of how she coped with her grief over the loss of her mother. Thanks for the beautiful review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an educational inspirational non-fiction memoir highlighting spiritual growth and attaining transformation through surviving grief. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats @megnocero on the BOTD selection.
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

This book depicts the extraordinary transformation and an imaginable grief and sadness after a mother lost her life to breast cancer such a good book and will recommend it often
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This book is helpful to people coping with the loss of a loved one. Very inspirational. Thanks for your review.
Boikanyo Joseph M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Boikanyo Joseph M »

Personally, i think this book is a must read for everyone as we have lost many soul since the beginning of the pandemic, our grievances are immeasurable and hard to overcome as we continue to lose more loved each day unexpectedly.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”