Review of Wellness Toolbox

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Review of Wellness Toolbox

Post by Sarah C McHum »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wellness Toolbox" by Don Roberts.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As someone who loves to read about fitness and nutrition, I thought that this book would be boring, full of information that I already knew about fitness and nutrition. However, Don Roberts proves me wrong. In this book, titled Wellness Toolbox, he debunks all myths about fitness and nutrition and provides facts that we need for a healthier and happier life. He analyzes popular fitness and nutrition beliefs, provides his arguments with research, and classifies them into facts or myths.

I should not judge the book by its cover because I could not put it down once I read it. There were lots of surprising information about fitness and nutrition that made my eyes wide open. Lots of my beliefs about fitness and nutrition are proven to be misleading or wrong by Roberts Don. For example, I long believe that gluten-free food is healthier than any other food, but Roberts smacks my belief to the ground, proving his argument with scientific research that these foods are not 100% healthy. I also used to believe that any kind of fat is an enemy that I should avoid all my life. Once again, Roberts proves me wrong and proves that saturated fat is beneficial to our body if we consume it moderately. Roberts also writes surprising arguments about the truth of organic food and cage-free eggs that I used to believe to be healthier than the others. Many nutritional food claims are no more than a marketing strategy that is sometimes provided by paid research to blind the consumers. I guess I did not just learn about fitness and nutrition, but also an attitude to not believe in just one or two research.

With all that I have said, I do not have a reason to dislike this book. Besides scientific research, Roberts also provides his own experience. I learned a lot from this book that is going to change my fitness and nutrition forever. One thing that is the most important for me is "balanced eating" is the key to nutrition.

I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I do not have any hesitation in giving this book an excellent mark. The book is well written, and I did not find any errors. I like the writer's writing styles. It was simple and easy to understand, even for someone who just started to read about fitness and nutrition. I forgot to mention that Don Roberts also includes the testimony from people who followed his fitness suggestion. They are all getting a good and satisfactory result which makes my doubt gone for him.

I recommend this book to everyone who loves fitness and nutrition. Trust me; you are going to love this book the moment you start reading it.

Wellness Toolbox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”