Review of Change UR Mind Change UR Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Change UR Mind Change UR Life

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Change UR Mind Change UR Life" by Cooki Mango.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The world is filled with many uncertainties, and at one point or another, you may find yourself on the wrong side of life. Are you feeling depressed, worthless, overwhelmed, or manic? CHANGE UR MIND CHANGE UR LIFE: A Pocket Book of Quotes by Cooki Mango is a collection of quotes that can help pull you out of your misery and improve your mood.

The author starts by narrating the circumstances surrounding her decision to write these quotes. The quotes in this book are divided into different chapters that represent different categories. There are quotes about life in general, positive thinking, change, fear, and much more. There is also a chapter dedicated to what she refers to as her “final thoughts,” where she presents how negative her life was before she decided to live a positive life.

One thing I like about this book is how quotes are sorted into categories. As a result, it is easier to find quotes depending on how you feel at that moment. For example, if you are having issues with fear, you only need to flip to the “fear” chapter and read several quotes associated with confronting fear.

Another thing I like about this book is that it contains a good number of quotes per category. As a result, readers have a better chance to find quotes that would resonate with them. Several quotes caught my attention throughout the book. However, two quotes stood out for me. The first one is, “The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.” The previous sentence was quoted from Bernadette Devlin, and it helped me see past the fog of fear. “Reality is nothing but a collective hunch. Individual interpretations will differ. Two people experiencing the same event will recall different elements of it” is another quote that got me charged up. The words were quoted from Lilly Tomlin in the “life” category.

I can’t think of anything to dislike about the publication; its relevance in today’s society cannot be overemphasized. Moreover, the text is professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to people that want a positive life. I found only one major profane word in the text. Also, there is a chapter that is written on the foundation that the world was created by a spiritual being. As a result, the book would be better suited to people with religious beliefs and not atheists.

Change UR Mind Change UR Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This appears to be an uplifting and positive book suitable for many people that are feeling overwhelmed or unhappy. I like the fact that the author shared what prompted her to write the quotes she selected for this novel. It is a relevant book for these times. Thanks for the concise review on this book.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This is certainly a book to have at your library. Reframing our mindset every single day is what we need to be healthy. Good job!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

'CHANGE UR MIND CHANGE UR LIFE' is a nice book I would love to read as we all face challenges every day and we need the experience of others to scale through that challenge. Thank you for a great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love that the author wrote about her negative past experiences, experience is the best teacher they say, thanks for the honest review.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This sounds fabulous! A pocket full of quotes? Love it! And this review makes me want to read this book for sure. Excellent job. I especially like how the chapters are divided into categories. I think we all need positivity and inspiration in our lives and it looks like this book has a lot to offer thanks for such a great review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

this book can help alot of people who are on the verge of the unspeakable, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”