Review of Sayeth The LORD

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: Dear Jesus Where Are you ( May 2021 ) by Emmazina Day

Review of Sayeth The LORD

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sayeth The LORD" by Leese E. I. Ford.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How does God see us? What would He say about what we are doing? What is our relationship with God? What is our purpose on Earth, and how are we faring in the heavenly race? These are just a few of the thought-provoking questions that came to my mind while I read through Sayeth The Lord by Leese E. I. Ford.

Leese E. I. Ford's Sayeth The Lord is a guide aimed at drawing readers closer to God. In forty-five chapters, readers are taken through not just the commandments of God and what God requires from us with respect to service to Him and others but also love, forgiveness, repentance, faith, winning souls for God, understanding and feeling His presence, the only way to God's kingdom, and more.

The first chapter, titled Sayeth The Lord, provides a clear insight into the contents of the whole book, as the author attempts to describe God's way and draw us closer to Him immediately. I enjoyed not just the content of the book but also its overall presentation. In concise chapters, the author presents her lessons in simple and easy-to-understand language while relying heavily on God's word (scriptures from the Bible) to encourage readers to participate in the most important ways to understand God: studying, meditating, practicing, and believing in His word.

The author encourages us to develop the habit of asking a key question before we take any step in life: what would Jesus do? It sounds simple to ask, but if you are not well-grounded in His word, you wouldn't even begin to know the answer to this important question that provides the perfect example for us.

Leese E. I. Ford also does well to make the book as comprehensive on different aspects of life as possible, as she includes general wisdom tips, advice on dealing with fear, and even how we should conduct our households, among others. I particularly connected with her lessons on handling fear, as the author included a personal story that illustrated some of her fears that I have also experienced. However, the book does not dwell too much on these personal stories.

The book is also professionally edited, as I found just four minor errors that did not affect my reading in any way. The only aspect of the book I did not like was the author using numerous Bible verses throughout some chapters without sharing her views on those verses. A good example was the chapter, titled "Instructions for Christian Households," which sampled the fifth chapter of the book of Ephesians from verses eight to thirty-three. While some of those verses were self-explanatory, others were not, and I would have liked to know the author's opinions of them.

Overall, the book serves both as a reminder and a guide to developing a relationship with God, depending on the reader's current relationship with Him. I rate this book four out of four since the issue I discussed does not take too much away from the vital learning experience. Readers who want to know God, find and fulfill their purpose on Earth, and understand the path to God's kingdom will benefit from this book.

Sayeth The LORD
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
collinsogw555
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by collinsogw555 »

SAYETH THE LORD is an interesting and educative book that I would love to recommend to most of my friends as it teaches various characters a Christian should possess in life. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”