Review of Crossing Over to Victory

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Deadline Rome: The Vatican Kylix by Sari Gilbert

Review of Crossing Over to Victory

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crossing Over to Victory" by Garrett Mitchell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Crossing Over to Victory: How to Win Big and Succeed with God is an insightful, spiritual-based inspirational book written by Garrett Mitchell. It presents four steps to success and draws its teachings from the Book of Joshua. In writing this book, the author intends to prepare and equip readers with the necessary skills that would enable them to reach their full potential, one that God has destined for them. Just as the Israelites had to be prepared before crossing over to the Promised Land, readers will learn how God prepares people for their destined future and be able to apply the same principles to achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Moreover, readers will also learn how to prepare by partnering with God, what God’s promise and purpose are for their life, how to rise beyond obstacles in their life, and how to identify, maximize, and reach their full potential. I greatly enjoyed this informative, edifying book.

I liked how well this work was organized and written. The steps are chronological, with the first one starting when the Israelites were preparing for their journey to the Promised Land and the last step when they had now reached the Promised Land. With this approach, even readers who have never heard of the story will easily follow through. Each of those steps has been divided into chapters, and relevant and on-point lessons are drawn at appropriate moments. The author also made use of interesting analogies and incorporated relevant examples from both Biblical figures and renowned people in our society. Besides, I liked how the author exquisitely incorporated his own life experiences, and all these further enhanced my enjoyment of this book.

Furthermore, at the end of each of the chapters, the author ended with sections sub-titled principles, proclamation, and prayers. They exquisitely summarize the tips in the preceding chapters, allow readers to act on what they had learned, and most importantly, enable readers to channel the lessons they have learned to God through prayer. They emphasized the points well, increased my overall understanding of the book, and they were some of my favorite aspects of this inspiring book.

Overall, there was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. I found some errors, though. Therefore, due to their number, I am deducting a star to award Crossing Over to Victory: How to Win Big and Succeed with God by Garrett Mitchell 3 out of 4 stars. Otherwise, if it were not for the editing issues, I would have wholeheartedly given it a perfect rating.

I highly recommend it to all people who want to achieve success by applying biblical principles, Christians and receptive non-Christians alike. I couldn't find anything to make me caution anyone against picking this. This book will enable you to cross over from a life of despair and stagnation to one full of hope, success, and progress.

Crossing Over to Victory
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by Priya_Singh »

Thank you for your wonderful review. I really liked reading it. You have provided the in-depth details of the book. 🌻🌼
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: The Art of Marketing Jesus by Robert Wachter

Post by Nazzy_ »

This book is will certainly teach us how to be ready to face life battles. Great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”