Review of The Agony of the Abuser

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michaeljerry309
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: Sons of Light by M DiGioia Bogin

Review of The Agony of the Abuser

Post by Michaeljerry309 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Agony of the Abuser" by Ron O.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron O was born like every average kid. He was the seventh son and ninth child in a family of sixteen children. Although his family wasn’t rich, they managed to get by every day. Ron worked several jobs before joining the army in 1965. He eventually settled down in California with his wife, and The Agony of the Abuser is his first book.

Everything seemed to be going well for Ron while growing up. He worked hard to earn himself some money and was also everyone’s favorite sibling. Mae was Ron’s first girlfriend, and they enjoyed keeping each other company. However, Ron joined the army, and even though he was engaged to Mae, he had to leave her. Their plan was to get married when he was back. But things didn’t go according to plan, and Ron didn’t know that his actions would affect his life for the next fifty years.

In this beautiful nonfiction, Ron opens up to the public. He talked about his drinking problem and his abusive past without minding what others might think of him. He did this intending to reach out to people going through similar problems. He also shared his journey to self-rediscovery to inspire people. Ron wants them to know that there is hope for them because if he could overcome all his problems, then they can. They just need to open up to someone about their bad habits and be determined to change.

The author was clear about his intentions for writing this book and was very concise. He wrote straightforwardly, and his choice of words was not complex. The book has a moderate pace, so the plot developed smoothly without complications. I also liked the title and book cover because they made the book stand out. That’s why the book caught my eye. I believed this book received exceptional editing, but an extra round of editing would have prevented the few errors I spotted. I enjoyed reading The Agony of the Abuser and didn’t hate anything about it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the author’s simple approach to writing. I also love his openness and willingness to share a part of himself with the world so that we can learn from his mistakes. This book also carries a very strong message that I believe more people should hear. I recommend this book to adults over the age of 18 who need inspiration or motivation to drop any bad habits they might have. If you think you are abusive or in an abusive marriage or relationship, then I think you should also read this book.

The Agony of the Abuser
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nazzy_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nazzy.html
Latest Review: The Art of Marketing Jesus by Robert Wachter

Post by Nazzy_ »

Only those with a great heart can openly tell their story. I love the review.
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Niens Now »

I believe this book will be a meaningful asset to people that have similar problems. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
AfraBrb
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrabrb.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by AfraBrb »

you always wonder what the abuser went through to do what he did or what he was feeling, interesting book, great review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”