Review of 321 Crypto Takeoff

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Review of 321 Crypto Takeoff

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "321 Crypto Takeoff" by Rene Vicente.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How much do you know about cryptocurrency? If you're anything like me, you know it exists. You might even know that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. However, that's where the extent of my knowledge ends.

321 Crypto Takeoff: Financial Freedom is a Possibility by Rene Vicente claims to bridge the gap in your knowledge of cryptocurrencies. It discusses how it came to be, its creator, the technology behind it, and some trading or buying tips. With only around 100 pages, it's a short read.

First, the book is organized well. With headings in bold, it's easy to see what the author will be discussing next. If you were to need to refer back to the book, it would be simple to flip through and find the exact section needed.

I also appreciated the links the author included. These would take you to specific websites with statistics about cryptocurrency or even link to apps you could use to obtain cryptocurrency. This is helpful to those just starting out in this world.

However, that's where the positives end. The book isn't edited or even proofread. Wrong words are used often, there is missing punctuation, and sentences end abruptly without being finished. It's distracting and difficult to know what the author means.

In addition — and the biggest issue — the book is too advanced for beginners and too simple for advanced users. The author uses terms that are too complex for someone that knows little about the technology behind cryptocurrency. Let me give you an example from location 184 of the book. "Each of these blocks contains transaction records and they are visible to all connected computers (nodes/miners) which are concatenated together to form the bitcoin's blockchain." I have no clue what this means. If you do understand it, there's no point in reading this book as it isn't going to tell you anything new.

I can sum up what I learned from the book in two sentences. Cryptocurrency is decentralized, meaning no treasury or government is controlling it. It can be bought, sold, and traded like stock. If I want to understand more about how it works, I would need to find another book, though.

Finally, at the end of the book, the author discusses how to use cryptocurrency even if it's illegal in your country. I'm not sure it is smart or professional to include this section in the book. Then again, it's legal here in the US, so perhaps I'm being too particular.

In conclusion, 321 Crypto Takeoff leaves much to be desired as a comprehensive guide to cryptocurrency. Owing to that as well as the errors, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I can only recommend it to those that already know about cryptocurrency and are merely looking for trading tips or good apps with which to begin. Otherwise, it's best to find a better guide.

321 Crypto Takeoff
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

I don't know much about cryptocurrency either and I am saddened to see that it didn't provide enough for a beginner to understand. I do hope the author gives it another round of editing, not only in terms of grammar and spelling but content as well. Thank you for your honest and well-written review.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I am not new to the the word cryptocurrency,am glad I came across this book to enable me learn more,beautiful review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I have heard of bitcoins but I never understood how cryptocurrency really works. I hoped I would find out with this one, but it seems it's not the case. Thank you for the honest review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Katie Blackmore wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 09:50 I don't know much about cryptocurrency either and I am saddened to see that it didn't provide enough for a beginner to understand. I do hope the author gives it another round of editing, not only in terms of grammar and spelling but content as well. Thank you for your honest and well-written review.
I hope the author is able to make it a bit easier to understand. It is an interesting subject that we should know about. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Nkgchidimma080 wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 16:29 I am not new to the the word cryptocurrency,am glad I came across this book to enable me learn more,beautiful review.
I hope you're able to learn more about this topic. Thanks for commenting.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

marba wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 07:55 I have heard of bitcoins but I never understood how cryptocurrency really works. I hoped I would find out with this one, but it seems it's not the case. Thank you for the honest review!
I'm sure there's a simple, comprehensive guide... This, sadly, isn't it. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

A very current subject that can be educational, despite the mentioned flaws. Thank you for your balanced review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 02:59 A very current subject that can be educational, despite the mentioned flaws. Thank you for your balanced review!
I wish it was a little bit more accessible to everyone. However, there were aspects I appreciated. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Well, cryptocurrency is a hot topic, but those issues you've mentioned are discouraging. Also, a chapter how to use it if it's illegal in your country is quite questionable, for sure. Thanks for this insightful review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Ellylion wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 08:29 Well, cryptocurrency is a hot topic, but those issues you've mentioned are discouraging. Also, a chapter how to use it if it's illegal in your country is quite questionable, for sure. Thanks for this insightful review!
I do wish the book had been a bit more simple to understand. I hope the author is able to make some revisions.
—Neil Gaiman
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I have heard about cryptocurrency and I wanted to learn more about it. Intially when I started reading the book, I thought wow finally but it is really pity that it doesn't provide much information. Thank you so much for your in-depth review.
🌻🌼
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Priya_Singh wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 21:22 I have heard about cryptocurrency and I wanted to learn more about it. Intially when I started reading the book, I thought wow finally but it is really pity that it doesn't provide much information. Thank you so much for your in-depth review.
🌻🌼
I do wish it was more understandable. However, it does have some good apps you can use within it. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

My knowledge about cryptocurrency is limited to what a beginner knows, but I am curious to know more. Though from your review, I can tell I won't understand much of it. Still, thanks for the wonderful review.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

I appreciate how you have left the door open by giving a 2 rating for others to make up their own minds whether they want to read the book or not. I know very little about cryptocurrency so will give this one a miss. Thank you for the honest and well-written review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”