Review of Speedy hurled through havoc

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Speedy hurled through havoc

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Speedy hurled through havoc" by Dave Letterfly Knoderer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Speedy Hurled through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer is a non-fiction book that honors the author’s father and narrates the author’s life. It contains the themes of happiness, talent, family, and passion. Also, it disclosed a subtle quality of the performing horses of the circus.

Dave Letterfly Knoderer grew up in an average family with varied experiences. Through the help of people around him, he continued to climb the ladder of success as an artist. Using the road as a metaphor, the author reveals the discoveries of a life that took off like a rocket when he followed that inner urging and hit the road. At sixteen, the author launched himself into an adventure. He began to see people as unsafe after an incident involving his older brother, who is physically challenged and mentally different. Dave Letterfly Knoderer developed a mindset of an entertainer; he found harmony with horses and expressed himself through the art of painting. He learned rare skills in a peripatetic culture that would benefit his entire life. However, hitting rock bottom as an alcoholic brought everything to an abrupt halt. Will he maneuver his way around? Read this book to find out.

The book is very educative, and it taught critical and necessary life lessons, morals, and values. The book was well narrated. Also, it mentioned other people that characterized the author’s life, like his parents, brother, sister, and other extended families that impacted his life. I liked the author’s inclusion of the vital forces that facilitated growth in his life, which taught me never to ignore people who stood by me.

The author articulated life in an epic way. I liked how he shared his experiences with various animals (horses, elephants, birds, camels, and many more) and the essential lessons he learned from them. I enjoyed reading about the gypsy lifestyle of the amusement business moving from time to time. The author’s talent was generic, but he was always opened to learning and honing his natural talent. The book also covers topics like moral ethics, ethical values, and so on.

The book revealed how zealous the author had been as a child. It also made references to real-life stories. Also, the book is insightful and has an exciting storyline. For these reasons, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. In addition, the book was professionally edited, as I noticed only a few grammatical errors.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to lovers of passionate write-ups and moral-inducing books. Young readers who have a passion for something but are facing challenges can learn one or two lessons from the book. Also, the book will appeal to lovers of animals.

Speedy hurled through havoc
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

This is something totally different from what I usually read. Would like to give it a try! Great review :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

It's nice that the book emphasized several themes which I would like to read about. Good job!
Joyjen
Currently Reading: My living Will
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjen.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Joyjen »

This is a very fast -paced, mystery that's both trilling and raw. It all feels real and as you read you will not want to put the book down, you will be hooked from the first page as the characters are well developed and intriguing, the plot is full of twist and turns especially about the circus. I really enjoyed reading it. The book is worth reading.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love the themes of this book and the comprehensive review,this book interests me and I would love to read more about this book.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

This well-narrated book is very educative, and it taught critical and necessary life lessons, morals, and values. It is a non-fiction book that honors the author’s father and narrates the author’s life.
The review is great.
Congratulations on Botd 🎉
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a very insightful book, and I particularly like that the author has included his experiences with – I don't come across such books often. Thanks for the review.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Interesting, informative and educational all at once. Even though I normally avoid reading non-fiction books this one had me hooked from phrase: "grew up in an average family with varied experiences". It is basically the description of my own childhood, so I look forward to compare the experience.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

Memoirs are not my thing, but this is a beautifully written book. From the pages that I read, it's evident that Mr. Knoderer is a gifted writer. My expectation is that readers of memoirs, particularly those who are animal lovers or captivated by the circus, will enjoy this book. Congratulations to the author on his achievement and for earning BOTD.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

The book definitely showcases a journey of life undertaken by the main character Dave experiencing all forms of life during the encounter with various entities including the animals and learning the sorrows and happiness which only make one mature to understand the changing patterns in one's life. The review has brought out these features of the book well and evokes interest in us to go through it.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This book seems to be focused on topics that I enjoy. It also discusses morality and ethical values, which intrigues me. Glad to give it a chance. Congrats!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

A memoir about a sixteen-year-old boy who left home to go on an adventure. There seems to be a lot to learn here especially when he hit rock bottom because of alcoholism. Thanks for your review.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice insight into passion changing a life can be found in the book "Speedy hurled through havoc" by Dave Letterfly Knoderer. The book showcases the subtle quality of the performing horses of the circus. The good thing is that the book tells how life took off like a rocket when inner urges followed and hit the road.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I like that the author acknowledges that we can learn life lessons through our interactions with animals. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Any book that teaches valuable, essential lessons and virtues in life is worth reading. I am happy the author remembers the people who were there to cheer him on the road to self-discovery and success. Thanks for the intriguing review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”