Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND" by Peter Simon Karp

Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"" by Peter Simon Karp.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND by Peter Simon Karp is a memoir centered on the life of the author's wife, Mona. He recounts their life with their two sons and how they could come together as a family to get through a trying time in their lives. The character of Mona comes across as a sweet, gentle, and free-spirited woman who loves life, her family, and work. She is ready to make any sacrifices for the ones she loves. Like her personality, her life is much the same — calm and sweet.

Peter presents this memoir almost as some form of a eulogy about his wife, Mona. He renders the account of her life in a creative way and with a simple and easy language. The book is divided into three titled parts representing significant highlights in the life of Mona. The author's rendering of the story moves retrogressively at some points and then jumps to a future event. Peter alternates between the two narrative methods to give readers some background and then pushes forward to a present status while still giving insight into the future. This narrative combo presents an overall creative picture.

LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND compels readers to explore the realities of life, however uncomfortable they may seem. The looming doom of death and the ever-constant race of life plays in the reader's mind throughout the read. The author presents, for contrast, our quest for the achievement of purpose and life goals against the brevity of human life. Readers will be challenged to confront their mortality to become more comfortable with their phobia for the unknown end. It is incredible how the author, despite the graveness of the central narration of this memoir, manages to include humor in his recount. However, the humor may appear twisted to some readers. He even showcases his positivity when he categorically states that "nothing good can perish ___all Beauty shines forever."

Peter exposes readers to a possibility of the existence of another realm in the spirit — a possibility that may appear superstitious. For instance, Peter thinks that blackbirds' appearance bears similar significance to the appearance of vultures in the African setting as harbingers of doom or a bad omen. Perhaps it is this disbelief in 'superstitions' that Peter seeks to challenge. He hopes to compel the reader to examine these possibilities, which civilization, computerization, and science have seemingly relegated to the background.

This book is recommended for readers who enjoy good stories about love and courage. Religious people may also find it endearing. Besides a few minor errors, this book is faultless. Therefore, I rate it four out of four stars.

"LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I enjoy reading good stories about love,I think I would add this book to my book shelves,nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”