Review of My first leadership journal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of My first leadership journal

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My first leadership journal" by Ezekiel Chang.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The popular quote, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step," kicks of the self-help guide that is My First Leadership Journal by Ezekiel Chang. In this book, the author makes an attempt at helping readers to discern their life goals, master their goals and emotions, handle the inevitable difficulties that they will encounter on the road to achieving these goals, and more, with key themes revolving around asking questions and forming your opinions first, even if they are bad opinions, as opposed to relying on other people's opinions.

I found the book helpful in several aspects, especially on sorting out goals and knowing which ones to actively go after in a clear-headed way. Surprisingly, I could relate to the author pointing out that many people try to take on too many goals at once, making things complex for themselves and not even achieving any of the targets in the end.

In My First Leadership Journal, Ezekiel Chang simplifies things for us, presenting his book in a workbook format and taking us through key principles to adopt on our journey towards success in an easy-to-understand manner. These principles revolve around goal mastery and include ranking priorities, goal sequencing, measuring progress, and output, input, labor, and validity in relation to goal-achieving activities.

While the author's methods primarily revolve around journaling, he helps readers see how it should be carried out consistently and orderly to help them make progress that will be visible in the long term, just like with exercising. I also enjoyed that he presented his lessons through a step-by-step approach and employed illustrations to show readers exactly how effective journaling or "reflective writing" can be done.

My main criticisms of the book are that it is overly repetitive and does not necessarily introduce experienced journalers to new ideas. The author did state that the book is aimed at beginners, but that could have been included in the description so that some readers would not feel underwhelmed and know what to expect. I will say that the book will still serve as a good reminder for readers in this category, however.

All things considered, the book is a helpful read. It is also an exceptionally well-edited book since I did not find any errors while reading it. The issues I discussed above mean that the book is not perfect, so it deserves a rating of three out of four stars. Readers interested in books about self-discovery, self-reflection, and achieving goals will benefit from this guide.

My first leadership journal
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I think this book would be so helpful especially to those who struggle with goal setting and mastering. Despite the criticism that its for beginners, I have to agree that this book would be a big help to those who need it. Thank you for your great review!
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

This book is very helpful for people who are trying to set their goals straight and find the right path. Thanks for the review!
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Indeed a book full of encouragement to life and goal’s pragmatic reforms. Your honesty in reviewing this one made me wanna give this book a shot. Thanks for your captivating review, bud!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Life goals are important, but I am sceptical to read this book because it is repetitive. Thank you for your honest review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This book would help people in setting their goals and mastering their paths,nice review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I know someone who really needs this book. I loved the review though. Thank you
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Self help book would always help put one in the right track, I enjoyed reading this review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”