Review of Creating Gods

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda LM
2021 Reading Goal: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lm.html
Latest Review: Saved as a Painting by Tali Geva

Review of Creating Gods

Post by Guda LM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Creating Gods" by Omar Newton Wilson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To quote Omar Wilson, ‘You are the most powerful thing in the Universe, a conscious living being with awareness, who can observe the existence of everything else, a God-tier.’ What is the date today? What color of shoes did you wear today? What if I told you time is nothing but a mental construct in relation to the cosmos? Granted, the 365 days that make a year and the 24 hours that make a day relate to cosmic happenings, but months, a week, and a second have no cosmic relevance. The colors we see are also false, your shoe is not red, and the sky is not blue, so how real is reality?

Another concept is language and the mind. Our minds can easily visualize and understand complex structures and elements, which are difficult and too extensive to express in our current language. How often have you had an idea that is mentally clear but impossible to explain verbally or in writing? That aside, we are intelligent beings with numerous years of experience on earth, yet still degrade the very life system we depend on, participate in pointless wars, and are still stuck on limited views on humanity and diversity. Creating Gods is a unique and intriguing book that seeks to challenge our way of life.

Omar Newton Wilson speaks directly to you as the reader, making it seem like a personal conversation with him. Additionally, he uses several relevant examples to reinforce and help visualize and understand the points. For instance, a mental exercise where the reader describes a rock in the absence of language, and the senses like touch and smell are introduced systematically. This makes for a very engaging and participatory read. Additionally, the author includes rhetorical and riddle-like questions that leave the reader pondering more about what is under discussion.

My favorite aspect of the read is the inclusion of all schools of thought in the arguments, including religion and non-religion. For instance, when making a case about us making our own realities, the author includes Christian teachings, spiritual, agnostic, and atheist beliefs too. This makes for an exhaustive and wholesome read for anyone. There is nothing to dislike; the book is also fun, and the author expresses various emotions as he also comes to several conclusions and realizations.

I did not find any grammatical errors, evidence of the book’s exceptional editing. The language employed is intelligible, with only two cases of profanity, and every concept is easy to comprehend. The book is a quick read that instantly captures one’s attention. It provokes critical thinking and highlights our true potential and the benefits of promoting the right ideals. I gladly give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend Creating Gods to anyone looking for a critical read that prompts one to appreciate the immensity of life and the significance of renewing our values.

Creating Gods
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Markiona Levi
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Markiona Levi »

Lovely book i enjoyed reading this. I love to read about how other people think.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

The book seems very interesting. Based on your review, Omar Newton Wilson has a unique manner of writing. I am sure many readers will enjoy his style. Thank you for your honest review.
collinsogw555
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: I Know My Way Memoir by Theresa Marafito with Linda Odubayo Thompson

Post by collinsogw555 »

Wow, this sounds interesting and gripping. I would love to read this book. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Barbara Perini
2021 Reading Goal: 90
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Barbara Perini »

This seems to be an interesting book, indeed. I find it fascinating that it's thought-provoking and is fun, somewhat. I'm also glad to know that it's well-written.
RHD
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by RHD »

Well, we have ourselves something mind-boggling here. Every now and then, we do need something to refresh our minds. Thank you for such an insightful review, Guda LM!
Guda LM
2021 Reading Goal: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lm.html
Latest Review: Saved as a Painting by Tali Geva

Post by Guda LM »

RHD wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 21:38 Well, we have ourselves something mind-boggling here. Every now and then, we do need something to refresh our minds. Thank you for such an insightful review, Guda LM!
Welcome and thank you! This is indeed an extensive yet short read with so much to ponder about.
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Niens Now »

Yes! Reality might just be an illusion. I want to read this book. Well done with the review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”